Puzzle

-Zoe-

I wake up and roll around the bed trying to find Cara. I open my eyes when I realize she's not there. My eyes open even more wen I realize my hand is handcuffed to the bed poll and that my jacket that had my car keys and phone is gone.
"Cara?" I call out. No response. If she was in the bathroom she would have heard me. What's the point in putting me in handcuffs, she knows I can get out.

After a few minutes of fiddling with the hand cuffs, I get the one around my wrist off. I quickly get up and look around. My phone is in the bathroom in the toothbrush holder thing that all motels have. I quickly grab it and it's dead. How the hell did Cara kill my phone, it was at 90% when I went to sleep. I trash the room looking for my charger and finally find it tied around the shower head. I rip it off and stab it into a power socket.

The next few minutes I spend pacing the room until I hear the little charging sound. I rush over to my phone to see my screensaver has changed. It's a picture of me trying to sneak around Cara's house the first night I met her, the picture has the bolded words 'WHEN' on it. I type in my password but it doesn't work.

What does when mean?... ugh Cara why. Suddenly I get an idea. I type in the date from that day and my phone opens. I go to my texts to see I got one from Cara.

Cara - "Sorry" (4:00AM)

I grind my teeth as I click the call button.

Ring... ring... ring

"Hello." Cara answer nonchalantly.

"Cara... what the hell." I start. By the background noise I can tell she's in a car.

"You remembered the date. How cute." She says.

"What the hell are you being so defensive for, I'm not your enemy." I say. Why is she acting like this. She seems surprised by the question and takes a few seconds for her reply.

"Zoe... you can't keep my away from my gang. Even though some are bad, it's my responsibility to take care of them. I can't just disappear." She says.

"Cara, the fight happened at 5:00. Two hours ago. There is no point in going back now." I explain. I don't mind her going back now that the fightings done, but I'd rather her wait a little longer.

It's silent for awhile after that.

"Why the fuck would you do that Zoe! Ugh my dads going to kill me and the whole gangs going to hate me." She complains.

"Because I didn't want you to get hurt!" I Seethe into the phone. I did this for her.

"Why!?!" She yells.

"I really care about you Cara," I shout back, "I if you got hurt I would be devastated."

There are a few moments of silence.

"Well I'd rather fucking get hurt then be with you." She says as she hangs up.

I stare at the 'call ended' sign on my phone. I feel my eyes sting. I try and take deep breaths but it doesn't work. My chest tightens even more than it was already from her just leaving me without notice. I get up and punch a hole in the wall while yelling. I can't fucking believe her.

-Cara-

I rush out of Zoe's truck and into my house. Everything is completely trashed. My living room looks like a bunch of raccoons came in a ate the furniture. I rush to the kitchen and see that all my cabinet doors have been torn off.
"Shit." I say while running to my room. I open the door and nearly have a heart attack when I see Zoe's friend Rachel.

"You left her?!?" She says while sitting on the edge of my bed. My rooms definitely in need of repair. There is even blood on the wall as well as bullet holes.
"What the fuck are you doing in here?" I question. Rachel just sits there and stares at me
"You fucking left her! Without telling her!?! She called me and sounded like she was mid panic attack! You don't leave a fucking person with separation anxiety!" She gets up and stands yells to me. My heart drops hearing that her anxiety went up. But I can't let that show.
"Whatever, I don't fucking care." I say while looking through my drawers. I can feel Rachel's eyes burn into my back. I chose to ignore them and try to salvage what cloths don't have bullet holes.

"Do you even care about her." Rachel asks. I pause for a moment. Partially because of what she asked and partially because I came across Zoe's sweatshirt. It's surrounds me with her scent. All the other cloths are mostly torn and pulled out of the drawers, but her is folded nicely and perfectly fine. I close the drawer and turn to Rachel.

"No, she was just a fling. It was stupid of her to try and protect me. We are enemies." It feels wrong saying it, like I just ate dirt. Rachel looks at me with disgust.

"You know she is going to be panicked without you. I can't believe this. I can never shut her up about you. She cares so much about you and wishes that you would let all you walls down and you just said she's some fling!" Rachel yells.

"She talks about me?" I say stupidly. Rachel just shakes her head and leaves the room. I fucked up.