Game Over

-Zoe-

I wake up to Cara shaking in the bed. She's staring at her drawers. Then I remember, she's started smoking again. I holder her closer and massage her arm with my free hand. She relaxes a little but she still shakes.
"How bad is it?" I ask. It's hard to hold her and cuddle with her when I know someone else has touched her. It hurts so much, but she needs me right now, she's a mess.
"Worse than last time... last time was for fun, I feel like I actually need it more this time." She says. I sigh and plant a few kisses from her check down to her shoulder, wincing every time I cross a mark from another person.
"You don't need it. You're are strong, you're okay without it." I tell her.
"Just one..." she says.
"Cara..." I warn. She tries to squirm out of my arms but she knows I'm stronger than her.
"I'm not going to let you damage your health." I tell her. She starts getting more and more violent and angry.
"What the fuck! Let me out Zoe! You can't do this! Fuck you! I hate you." She screams. She scratches my arms with her nails, but I just stay there, holding her as gently as I can without letting her go. "You wanna know how many people I slept with? Huh? You wanna be more hurt than I am? Well it's eighteen people! Eighteen fucking people and a pack of weed per week!" She yells at me. My heart drops and she almost leaves but I pick her up and bring her to my truck.

I put her in. The passengers seat and buckle her in. She tries to open the buckles but her hands are shaking to much. I lock the doors after I get in the drivers seat and we take off.

After about half an hour she stops resisting and just stares out the window. We have 5 more minutes until we get to where I'm bringing her.

I reach out and take Cara's hand. She looks at me and I smile at her quickly before focusing back on the road. She squeezes my hand and holds it while staring out the window.

Eventually we make it to our destination. Cara's eyes widen.
"It's that hiking place you took us that one time." She  perks up. I smile.
"Yup, and I'm not carrying you this time." I say jokingly. Cara opens her mouth to protest but just ends up looking at me with a pouty face. I teasingly stick my tongue out at her and get out of the car. She runs up behind me and jumps on my back. I hold her up and she wraps herself around me. I guess I am carrying her then.

We finally make it to the top and we sit in the same benches we sat in the first time we came her. We stare at the sunrise. She leans against me and I hear soft crying.

"You okay love?" I ask her as I turn her face up towards mine. I can't help but stare at the marks on her neck.
"I'm such a mess." She says. This time I stare into her eyes. "Please Zoe, please fix me." She begs. I pull her in for a soft kiss and after I just brush back her hair and weakly smile at her.
"I am so sorry..." she whispers. I can't bring myself to say anything. The amount of panic attacks she caused me, the amount of people she slept with and the fact that she broke her promise should be enough to push me away, but I can't just leave her.

I end up just leaning my forehead against hers. She leans into me too and we stay like that for awhile.
"We could leave..." she suggests.
"What?" I question.
"Like leave LA. Go somewhere without gangs and escape everything." She continues. I take a moment to think about this. But before I can open my mouth I am interrupted by Jim's voice.
"I knew I would find you here. Who are you w-" she starts. But Cara makes the mistake of turning around and showing her face. "You!" He yells at her. I stand up and so does Cara, I push Cara behind me, although she seems to want to deal with Jim herself.
"You're here with the fucking enemy!" He shouts. Soon Rachel comes out of the bushes.
"Wait, you found her?" She says. I make eye contact with her and she stares awkwardly at me.
"Can you guy just leave us alone?" I ask calmly. Rachel nods and tries to pull Jim away but he shoves her back.
"No! You can't fucking be with the enemy! You can't be with anyone but me!" He yells and starts walking over while pulling out his pistol. I take my gun out of its holster and point it at him. He stops in his tracks

"Don't try me Jim!" I yell at him.
"She's not an object! She isn't yours!" Cara yells from behind me. Rachel tried to tackle Jim but that only causes him to loose control of his gun. I pull Cara farther behind me just in time. Instead o her getting hit in the chest, I got hit in the ribs. I falls down and watch as Rachel disarms Jim. I gasp for air but my lungs burn like hell.
"Motherfucker!" I gargle and spit out blood. Cara is by my side crying and putting pressure on my ribs. Things start to fade in and out.

I hear Cara scream but I can't make out exact what she is saying. Things fade out for longer time periods now. She seems to be crying and I think I see flashing lights, but it may just be my loss of blood.

I reach my hand out and burgs some hair out of her face. She stares at me and I hold her face there for awhile. She cries but I do my best to smile at her until some doctors pick me up and I'm out again.