Ch. 9 - Innocence

Nothing fixes a thing so intensely in the memory as the wish to forget it. - Michel de Montaigne

***

Warning: Smut

***

Max's POV

We had just gotten to my house, Spencer was going to just drop me off but Beth insisted he stay.

"Hey, hypernova!" I called as my favorite kid came running at me and I caught him as he jumped.

"I missed you so much!" He yelled as he burrowed into me. I chuckled and smiled. I caught Spencer's eye and saw the pure love for the moment he was witnessing.

"I love you little bug," I said as I put him back down.

"I love you more big bug." I grabbed Spencer's hand and led him to the kitchen.

"Hey, mom," I said as I greeted Beth properly. 

"Oh gosh, I'll never get used to you saying that. I missed you, honey. Let's open gifts." 

"Dad we're opening gifts!" I yelled since he was upstairs in his study. I giggled as hands wrapped around my waist and turned me around. Lips pressing to mine before leaving as footsteps met the staircase.

"I'm not used to PDA in front of him just yet." He whispered in my ear. I kissed him before pulling him to the living room.

"I missed you papa." I froze at my words. Papa was reserved for someone else. I thought fast and covered it up. "Spencer's mom is so sweet."

"I missed you too sweetheart. I'm glad you're mother is doing well, Reid." I sensed the tension. I'm sure even Jack could.

"Thank you, Hotch." He replied.

We got into formation as Jack passed out the gifts.

"Rose, I told you no gifts." Reid pouted. "I don't have one for you right now."

"You are my gift, Reid."

"Oh my gosh, look at her Aaron. Look at our daughter." I heard beth say. A camera shutter soon following.

Jack opened his gifts first and he got a multitude of toys and model sets. I had bought him a model of the solar system that lights up. 

I had gotten Beth a matching jewelry set of sapphire and garnet gems.

I had gotten my dad 5 new ties and book on how to smile. He laughed at the title when he read it. 

I had 5 gifts on my lap. 2 from my dad. 2 from Beth. And 1 from Jack.

The first was a canvas of my favorite nebula. The horsehead nebula. It was absolutely beautiful. 

The second was a dark green blazer with yellow buttons. I loved it so much.

"Dad, I love them so much."

I opened Beth's first and started to cry. It was a photo-collage of my life. My high school graduation, FBI academy graduation, my first day at dads, first day at the BAU, multiple photos of me and Spence, pictures of the family, and then a photo of the team.

"Mom, I'm speechless. I love this..." Spencer wrapped an arm around me and wiped my tears away.

"I was worried you wouldn't like it, but I'm glad you did honey." I saw the tears in her eyes.

I unwrapped the other and blushed. It was a matching PJ set and not my normal. It made of silk and the top was an emerald camisole and the bottoms were silk shorts that I imagined would only come to just below my butt. I quickly hid it and coughed.