Ch. 29 - You Can't Profile the Darknet

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. - Eleanor Roosevelt

***

October 28th

***

I had everything set for today to be the perfect day. I had planned his party 2 weeks ago with Rossi and everything was in place.

I was a busy body around the apartment while he slept, I was cooking his favorite breakfast and I planned to bring it to him in bed. I slid the hash browns and eggs onto a plate.

I carried the tray into the room and sat it on the dresser, so I could wake him up. I walked over to the bed and slid in. I wrapped my arms around his waist, I peppered kisses up and down his neck until I heard a groan leave his mouth.

"Good morning, honey." I brought myself closer and placed a chaste kiss on his lips before I felt hands on my hips. He moved me on top of him and brought my lips to his again.

A hungry, wanting need screaming out.

We pulled apart to catch our breath and I felt his hands tangle in my hair. His long delicate fingers kneading circles into my scalp.

"I made breakfast for the birthday boy," I whispered keeping my lips just millimeters above his.

"You could be my breakfast..." He yawned out in a deep voice. I shuddered and kissed him once more before reluctantly sliding off of him to grab his breakfast. I heard the sheets rustle behind me, telling me he had moved to sit up. I turned and placed the tray on his lap and his sleepy eyes lit up.

"Happy 30th birthday!" I yelled excitedly as I lit the single candle on top of his chocolate chip muffin. He waited a moment before grabbing it and blowing out the candle. As soon as I went to sit down beside him, I heard crying and let out a gentle sigh before standing. Before I could walk away, I felt a swift smack on my ass and I turned to shoot a playful glare at him.

I gathered Simon from his crib and rocked him gently. His hazel eyes staring up at me like I was his entire world. I mean I essentially was, but he was part of mine too. 

I enjoyed our small moment before I heard his sister wake up, and start demanding my attention as well. I walked over and laid Simon down on the changing table. I leaned over and gathered the gurgling curly-haired infant into my arms, her arms reaching up and latching onto my shirt collar. She struggled to pull herself up and I helped her until I was holding under her butt as I cradled her head. A soft hand swept across the skin of my neck and I giggled down at her. I kissed her forehead before laying her down next to her brother. 

After changing them, I dressed them in matching outfits that Garcia had given us the other day. 

I took a quick photo of them and sent it to Garcia and Beth

I took a quick photo of them and sent it to Garcia and Beth. I heard footsteps enter the room and I turned around just in time for a kiss to be placed upon my lips.