Ch. 19 - History Repeats Itself

And yet to every bad, there's a worse. - Thomas Hardy

***

September 2nd

***

"So, is everything still healthy?" We asked in anticipation. Dr. Gyler was running the wand over my now tiny bump.

"Your twins are still healthy. And Max, you seem healthy as well. I'm proud." We relaxed. She wiped the gel off and printed off more photos. "Come and see me in a couple of weeks, we should be close by then to seeing the genders."

"Alright, we will." We grabbed the photos from her and made our next appointment and got in the car. We headed to work, and I looked over the photos. Our babies had grown so much in only a couple of weeks.

We stepped out of the elevator and Spencer held the door open for me. 

"Thank you, honey." He placed a hand at the small of my back as we walked into the bullpen. He always had to be touching me in some way, whether it was a hand on my tiny bump or the small of my back.

"Hey, lovebirds how's our baby geniuses doing?" Derek asked. I swear he was as invested in this as I was.

"They are both happy and healthy. The doc said we should find out the genders in about 7 weeks." I handed him a photo and he shoved it into his wallet after looking at it.

"We've got a case," JJ said as she walked passed us and to the conference room. We all followed after.

"Two bodies were found on subways across town after being stabbed in the abdomen 9 times and bleeding out." I looked at my dad, a gut feeling rippling through me. His eyes telling me he felt the same thing.

"New York PD is requesting our presence after receiving this letter." Garcia projected a letter on the screen and our tablets.

Dear New York Police,

You don't know me, but you may have heard of my predecessor. Call in help, you're going to need it.

Remember the Reaper.

I let my tablet fall out of my hands and onto the table, as tears sprung to my eyes. Some sick bastard was deciding to be a copycat of the man who killed Haley and almost my father. I was going to kill him myself.

"We can't be serious. This is obviously a trap." Emily said as she finished reading. She looked at my father and I and saw our mirrored expressions.

"Foyet took Haley from us, he almost took my dad. I'm going to kill this bastard myself." I seethed, I felt a cold hand wrap around mine and I took a deep breath. "Of course it's a trap. But we profiled Foyet, we can do it to this coward too." 

"Wheels up in 30." He turned to walk away and I got up to follow him. We made it to his office and I closed the door. He closed his blinds and embraced me in a hug, his body wracking with sobs. 

"It's okay dad, we'll make this guy pay too." I hugged him back and let him cry out in the solace of his dark office. 

After a few minutes, he stood and wiped his tears and smiled down at me.

"She would be so proud of you." 

"No, she wouldn't. She'd be mad that I'd joined the BAU just like you." I joked and he laughed.

"She didn't always hate the BAU, it just takes a toll on a marriage after so many years." We both nodded in remembrance. "She would have wanted to be here for this, your tiny bump is going to start showing soon." I placed a hand over the said bump and rubbed.