Ch. 12 - Blurred Lines Pt. 2

Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torments of man. - Friedrich Nietzsche

***

2 weeks later

***

Max's POV

Every minute I was kept here, tore a little at my soul.

Alex claimed that I was the start of a new era. 

A new cult.

A new family.

He had run 3 ultrasounds on me since kidnapping me and I begged him to show me. Every time I got the same answer.

"Mary wasn't shown her miracles until her time. You shall wait too. Your babies are the prophecies my father predicted."

I cried myself to sleep each night, arms cradling my stomach. I cried out for Reid. A name I would get punished for. 

Alex was busy putting together a new cult, new members and a new ideology. Centered around the babies I carried. 

The new name 'Genisis' and they believed in eternal beginnings through good and evil twins in oneself. 

I had figured we were in the woods now, but I wasn't allowed to leave the room I woke up in originally. 

"You will lead with me, Rosa." He said as he sat down on my bed.

"Don't you dare call me that. Only Spencer calls me that." I felt the impact on my cheek as he struck me.

"His name is evil, he may have helped created our babies but he is pure evil."

"They are my babies, not yours!" I had grown extremely protective over them since finding out 12 days ago. 

"If you will not learn then I will be forced to condition you in harsher ways." I spat at him. "Fine." He pulled me up by my hair and pulled me from the room, and led me down a dark hallway. He opened a door and threw me into the room. I smelt gasoline and instantly started to hyperventilate.

"No, please don't burn me. Please. Please." I cried and begged.

"You will spend 10 hours in here and then we will speak again. Repent Rosa."

The door slammed closed and the lock clicked. I curled into the fetal position and closed my eyes. I forced myself to sleep.

"Hey honey I'm home, "I called as walked through the front door. I was met with silence. "Spencer? Brenna? Theo?" I ran upstairs and found my loved one's rooms empty. 

I heard footsteps downstairs and raced back down. 

"Hello?" I heard a flurry of footsteps and then I was attacked by two tiny bodies.

"MOMMY!" I breathed out in relief. I looked up and saw my husband looked down at me, loving expression on his face.

"Hi, babies. I missed you both."

"We hate when you have to go away." They said in sync

"Me too."

"I missed you, honey." I stood up and walked into his arms. His lips on my head. 

"Come home to me. Come home. I need you."

"I am home, what do you mean?" I pulled away confused.

"No, you aren't. You're using these dreams to cope with whats going on in real life. I will save you. And you will come home. Now wake up."

I shot up and instantly puked. The smell of gasoline overwhelming me again.