Chapter 6: I am the Real Monster Here

First P.O.V

"I made a friend! They're called Momo!" you exclaimed excitedly, as you introduced your new friend to the rest of the group. It felt really nice knowing that you had made your first friend ever, but never in your wildest dreams would you ever believe that it would be of a different species from yourself. You had opened your heart to a child of another species, and it wasn't as bad as you had thought that it would have been.

"Oh, I see. They became close friends" Solomon said as he looked at you and Momo playing with each other, as if you both had been friends for a long time. "By the way, according to what the manticores told me...The continent broke off only recently. It was to keep us here, just as I thought" he finished explaining to the others, as they all sat on the ground in a circle.

" 'Told you'...So you have learned the manticore's language already?" Ithnan asked as he looked to his leader with an inquisitive gaze.

"Kind of.." is all the blue haired male replied.

"His upbringing is totally different from yours after all!" Wahid snickered tauntingly, as he groped Falan's chest.

"Shut up" Ithnan mumbled, as he got annoyed at what that white haired idiot Wahid said.

"So that means...that we should entrust "that thing" to the manticore tribe, without waiting for the other leaders to show up?" Arba asked as she stared at her 'Young Master'?, "And leave this place sooner than expected, right young Master?" she finished worriedly. You had overheard their conversation as you continued to play with Momo. On the surface it didn't seem like much to the others as they talked, but you knew that there was a deeper meaning to what she had said, than what meets the ears.

"Exactly" Solomon replied, furrowing your eyebrows you couldn't help, but have feel an uncomfortable sense of regret wash over you, as you knew you were apart of the organization that had tried to rule and break the minds of other species that did not share the blood of your own kind.

Reader's P.O.V

"......" I sat silently on the side of a cliff overseeing what seemed to be a makeshift graveyard, with Momo behind me laying down. As I looked at all the graves with the names of the deceased written in the dirt, decorated with sticks and some had flowers, reminiscing with a feeling of melancholy making it's way through the crevices of my being. I had always thought that I had done good for the world by trying to get rid of the other species that were different from us, who always sought after to eat our kind, and shed not a bit of remorse, for at least having to feed themselves on us. Isn't revenge the best option for us to feel a sense of justice for what they had caused us? I started to remember about what had just happened a few moment ago, as I had stupidly asked Momo what had happened to his father, since he was missing from Momo's life. If only I hadn't asked such a selfish question.

Flashback

'Momo, Momo! That person is your mother, right? Where is your father?' I inquired to Momo, as I was allowed to stay over in their house for the night.

'You know, my father....he died. The weird tower that you and the others destroyed....From time to time we would heard a sound coming from that tower' Momo started, I was shocked in to bewilderment 'And everyone would go crazy. They couldn't even understand who were their friends or family. Just a while ago, my father and his friends started to eat each other in that moment of chaos, and he died.' 'My father was so kind, he would never do such a thing, so why did it happen..?' Momo finished with a sad expression on their face