Acquaintace Pt.1: The Cake

"Please, just give me one more week! I'll pay!"

"I am sorry Ms. Rose but we have been patient enough. The government needs this facility."

Amy tried to keep calm, she didn't want to lash out at the government worker. She needed to stay calm if she wanted him to give her more time.

"Look, Zen, we have known each other for some time now." Amy touched his shoulder and smiled seductively. "Don't you think it will be better to talk about this with some coffee?"

Zen, a black cat, and government worker smiled at the pink one.

"Friday?"

"Saturday night?"

"Very well then, I'll see you." Zen then was quick to shout out to the rest of the employees who were already inside the Resistance. "Let's go, boys, we will come for this place later!"

With that, the workers stopped from dismantling the Resistance HQ.

Amy smiled and waved at each worker as they left.

"Well, who could have thought that Amy Rose could use her sex appeal to get the things she wants?"

Amy turned around to find Rouge waving at her. "I am so happy that you learned something from me."

"I had to put your teaching into practice," Amy added. "How are you doing? I haven't seen you since the ball."

"I came to see how you were doing after G.U.N paid you." Rouge took a look at the outside appearance of Resistance HQ. The painting was going away, the wood was decaying and it was just falling apart overall. "What did you do with the money, anyway? Everyone was happy with your cakes, I am sure G.U.N paid you extra even."

"I had to pay the members of the Resistance." Amy added, "And the rest is going to the monthly payment of the Resistance...I'll work more shifts at the restaurant this week to make up for the rest of the payment."

"Why would the government even want this place?" Rouge and Amy began to walk inside the Resistance. They greeted the few members that were there. "I mean no offense but...this place is trash."

"Yes, but one day, I'll have a lot of money and I'll make this place what it used to be before!" Amy said excitedly, she opened the door of the Main Room, where her desk was waiting for her.

"I just don't understand honey, you are a war hero, you helped save the world and this is how they pay you?" Rouge was angry, she knew better than anyone that Amy went through hell during that period when Eggman attacked with the Zombot virus. "All heroes worked here, Sonic, Tails, Team Dark, Whispered, Tangle, everyone who is currently working at G.U.N."

"Don't remind me," Amy said as she typed on her computer.

"Honestly, with your experience, you could land a job at G.U.N. and easily-"

"G.U.N. charges people, and a lot. There's people who may not have money so they can send their agents to help them." Amy rolled on her chair to look at the white bat, "I don't want that for this place."

Rouge sighed as she understood Amy's ideology. G.U.N was a private agency after all and their revenue mostly came from rich people who paid for the missions or anonymous members who were interested to keep the existence G.U.N.

But, what happened to the people who were in trouble and didn't have the money to pay?

"I am just saying, that I could buy you this place, it's honestly no bother. -"

"We have talked about this Rouge," Amy smiled. "Thank you, but this is something I want to do by myself."

Rouge went towards Amy and she placed her hand on her shoulder, "Same old Amy...Well, if you are going on a date to save this place, then let's make it the best out of it."