Intimate Friends: Pt.3: Shadow's Day

"Your report on Amy Rose?"

"I'll have it done by this week."

The Commander nodded in approval as he pulled out a black file from his desk's cabinet.

"There have been some last minutes changes to the Star Festival mission."

Shadow sighed, annoyed but still rolled with it. "Now what is it?"

.

And that's how Shadow ended up with Omega and a new agent called Mia. Rouge, being the smartass that she is, decided to ask for a week off just before the Star Festival.

The Star Festival was an annual festival to celebrate the union between the United Republic and the Acorn Kingdom. The mission was simple, keep an eye on the president and the royals.

He was fine with the president, but taking care of the royal family could be a real hassle.

"If you don't pick up the pace, we will leave you." Shadow looked back at the girl who was walking behind him.

"Yes, Mr. Shadow!" The girl ran in order to keep up. Shadow noticed that she was still keeping her distance, acting shyly.

"Don't call me 'Mr. Shadow." He asked.

"Yes, Mr. Shadow!"

Shadow growled lowly, a bit annoyed. Since Rouge wasn't with them, someone needed to fill in her spot. Therefore, the Commander assigned a temporary member, Mia. She had just graduated from G.U.N's academy at the top of her class. Shadow remembered her name from the lover letter he received a few days ago. Hence her shyness towards him.

"Shadow, I have spotted Princess Sally."

Shadow looked towards the Mobian Omega was pointing with his metallic hand. Indeed, Princess Sally was already on top of her parade cart. An enormous parade cart just like her kingdom. It was beautifully decorated with tulip flowers, which was the kingdom's official flower.

"Good, the parade is about to start. Omega, you lookout for the right. I'll keep a look on the left." Shadow directed his attention to Mia and it took only one look to make her skin shiver. "You look out for the back."

Shadow was actually starting to worry about her. She was becoming too red. The brown-furred female hedgehog nodded, almost making her round glasses fall from her round nose. She pushed them back and bowed quickly at Omega and Shadow, making her two braided tails move back and forth by the moment.

Mia walked all the way back to the parade cart. Omega and Shadow shared a look.

"She likes you," Omega said.

Shadow simply responded, "I know."

With that, they parted ways. The parade cart was so big that Shadow wasn't able to look at his teammates.

He heard the trumps play and the parade began.

It was the usual thing, they were going to walk slowly for a kilometer. Princess Sally, on top of her cart waving to the people of the United Republic. The President was on his black limousine and followed at the very end of the parade line.

Shadow kept looking to his left, giving looks to the girls who waved at him and were screaming for him.

He kept looking at them but in the hopes that Amy was there as well.

Suddenly, he felt the need to look good. He straightened his back and walked with a strong posture, gaining the many sighs of girls in love. However, he wasn't thinking about them. He wanted to look good just in case Amy was looking at him.