Close Friends: Pt.3: Nothing

Amy still could hear Shadow's 'I love you too' resonate within her head. It felt just too real to her. She recognized his tone of voice, she knew it was one of the times Shadow let himself be vulnerable.

What Amy took months to do, Maria did it in a few weeks.

But once again, they had more history together.

Amy had to admit that a part of her broke when she heard him say that. She thought that maybe she was just getting sick for not getting enough rest but ever since that day she felt a pain in her heart.

Maybe she needed to go to the hospital ... but on the other hand, that was too expensive.

Amy was on her break. It was a night shift and she decided to seat on the restaurant's booth to drink some coffee before her shift starts again.

It has been a week since Team Dark went on a mission and as Amy looked at her phone, she was happy to read a text message from Rouge. It said that their mission was going well and that they might come back earlier.

She took a sip of her coffee and she was feeling better but she completely panicked when he noticed no other than Maria entered the restaurant. Amy hid under the booth and to her luck, Maria sat next to the booth she was in.

From what Amy could tell, she was accompanied by a grey hedgehog. She didn't want to think anything about it, maybe they were just friends. Yes, that has to be it.

"I am so happy Shadow is out of the apartment," Maria said as she made herself comfortable on the booth.

"I am glad too, now we have the apartment all for ourselves." A masculine voice said and Amy deducted that it was the grey hedgehog she was with. "Now we can be together as long as we want."

Amy tried to contain herself, this didn't concern her. It shouldn't bother her, what happened in Shadow's relationship wasn't in her interest.

"I just wish he didn't make it back from his missions ... but Shadow is hard to kill." Maria added, "If he died, it will be way easier for us to steal his money than having me fake that I love him."

"Don't worry babe, let's steal and take his money as much as we can and then we can leave this city again."

They both share a kiss and parted, they noticed no one in the restaurant has come to them and ask for their orders.

"Can we have our orders taken!?" The grey hedgehog said loudly, he noticed a lady approaching them. "Finally, we were waiting!"

Amy gave them a fake smile, she didn't know how she was still controlling herself. She could even feel her face becoming warm at the anger she felt.

"Calm down Amy, wait until your shift is over. You can't lose this job. Just wait until you can kick their butts."

Amy thought in an attempt to control herself.

"How may I help you?"

Maria turned her face and found Amy smiling at them, she felt threatened at that right moment.

"Oh, pinky. I didn't know you worked here." Maria said pretending that nothing had happened. "Let's me introduce you, this is-"

"I don't want to hear it," Amy responded. "Can I take your order?"

Maria looked up and down at Amy, judging her.

"You know, you should consider dressing nicer," Maria said sarcastically, "Maybe that way Shadow would try and look at you."

"But of course, Shadow has good taste." Maria added, "He would never look twice at an ugly waitress like you."

"Can I take your order? Or are you going to keep talking shit about how you are going to steal Shadow's money?" Amy asked.