Casual Friends Pt.1: Short Memories

Shadow couldn't get a wink of sleep. It's been at least a month since he last saw Amy.

Not like he cares too much now since he knew that he won't be seeing Amy for some time.

"Would you like to go away with me? You know, go into different adventures together?"

"I'll think about it."

Shadow remembers their conversation clearly. Right after they got back home from their mission he was going to The Resistance to go and try to apologize to Amy and stumbled upon their conversation.

That was enough for him. He knew Amy would eventually say yes and leave this city with her beloved.

So, why did he still have a small hope that she will stay?

The mission turned out to be fine. The village was attacked again by mercenaries just as Amy predicted but it wasn't anything they couldn't handle.

Tails make it out alright. The cure made out from the flowers Amy picked up made effect the next day. When he woke up, he admitted that he didn't remember anything. Just like Sonic, he remembers walking through the forest and the next thing he knows, he woke up in a room where Team Dark and Sonic were with him.

They tried to investigate but no one came up with any logical conclusions. What happened to them, would be a mystery that maybe solve later.

Shadow stood up from his bed, maybe a taking a midnight ride with DR will clear his mind.

DR was the name he put to the bike Amy gave him. Dark Rose, because ... Why not?

Of course, he wasn't going to tell anyone the meaning behind the name.

He rode his bike for miles, just enjoying the view of the city. Cars passed as he kept riding and he found himself in a stop sign. It seemed like it took forever for the red light to change to green. He sighed as he heard thunder and felt rain touch his nose.

In a second, he was completely wet from head to toes.

He sighed, the light finally turned green.

And he kept ongoing.

.

"Shadow? This is Rouge."

Shadow was driving back to his apartment already, driving with heavy rain was very unsafe, even for a professional motorcycle rider like him.

"Shadow here." He said as he talked through his wrist communicator to Rouge.

"Are you driving? It's horrible outside." Rouge said.

"I am going back to my apartment,"

"Oh, nevermind then."

"What is the problem?" Shadow said as he finally spotted his apartment building.

"I wanted to see if you could check up on Amy? She gets out of work late and she usually doesn't have an umbrella. I would it myself but I can't fly in the rain." Rouge added, "It's alright tho, I am sure she will be fine. I'll check on her tomorrow."

Shadow didn't even think for a second, he turned around, and headed to Amy's workplace.

.

He knew it was a bad idea to drive one of his favorite motorcycles during a thunderstorm. He crashed on a light pole as he made a turn, the tires were already old and there wasn't enough friction.

He probably broke his right arm, it hurt him greatly but at least he was close to Amy's workplace already.

Right now, Shadow was on the hard concrete, his back against the cold path. Letting himself getting poured by the rain.