Intimate Friends: Pt.2: Secret Dance

Amy noticed that Shadow was doing better. He stopped bringing in girls and he started to work out and take more rides on his bike. He was being more active overall.

Amy slowly wondered when Shadow was going to leave the Resistance but all hope of that happening faded away as soon as Shadow started sleeping on the same bed with her.

It all began days after Amy had gotten out of the hospital that Shadow  randomly decided to do that and he defended himself with a stupid excuse.

.

"I am glad you are in recovery now, babe."

"Drop the act Sonic, the nurse is no longer here."

"Hey I needed to say I was your boyfriend, or they wouldn't let me come to visit you nor pay the hospital bill," Sonic said as he sat on the chair that Shadow had previously seated on.

Amy had completely forgotten about that, she couldn't afford to be in a hospital.  She was unemployed and staying one night at the hospital was out of her reach.

"How much was it?" She asked but Sonic just shrugged.

"Don't worry about."

"I'll pay you! Just give me some time-"

"No, Ames, I got it"

"But-"

Shadow watched the two interact. Amy was stubborn, but Sonic as well. They began to raise their voices but not till the point that they were screaming at each other. Although Shadow didn't want to admit it, he was with Sonic in this one. Amy wouldn't let anyone help. her. Not Sonic, not Rouge, not him. It was as if she didn't want to be in debt to anyone but even so ...

Should you trust your friends? They are trying to help you because they love you ... so why do she feels like she owns them something?

Shadow's thoughts were interrupted as he heard Sonic sigh in defeat.

"Look, if you really want to 'pay me back', then let's have another sleepover. The last one was really fun."

.

It was a cold morning.

   Amy moved around her bed, trying to look for warmth and comfort under her heavy blankets. She tried her best to wake up but she found it difficult as her head landed on a soft fluffy pillow. She purred, letting herself get comforted by the softness of the pillow.

But there was only one thing bothering her.

She didn't have any fluff pillows.

Her eyes struck wide open as she saw Shadow sleeping comfortably with her. Now that Amy thinks about it, she should kicked Shadow out of her room.

   She took a few moments to appreciate Shadow's features. His chest moved up and down as a small snore came out of his lips. She felt the need to touch them but she restrains herself from doing so. His nose softly wrinkled and Amy thought that it was the cutest thing in the world.

Enough of appreciation, it was time to wake up.

"Get out of my bed!"

   Shadow moved away instantly the moment he heard Amy's voice resonate with his ears. He gave a gruff, and he covered himself again with her blankets. Amy sighed as she jumped from the bed to the floor, avoiding Shadow. It has been two weeks since he started doing this. He didn't do it every day and that bother Amy the most because she would get random surprises whenever she wakes up.