Close Friends: Pt.4: The Realization

A couple of days later, Team Dark had made their way back home.

They had finished their mission earlier than they expected and they couldn't wait to get back home.

Rouge didn't tell Amy that they were going back this soon. She preferred to give the pink one a surprise at the Resistance.

They arrived a day ago at night, and Rouge decided to wait until the next day to visit her pink best friend. It was 6:00 p.m and she was hoping that she and Amy could go for dinner together.

She arrived at the Resistance building and clicked the code number in the keypad so they could let her in.

It was the same number since years ago and Amy had never chanced it.

Rouge walked through the corridors, she expected to see agents walking around but considering that it was a Saturday and few agents were remaining on the Resistance, she didn't give it too much thought.

She finally reached Amy's dorm and knocked on her door. A few seconds passed and the pink one opened the door, a surprising look on her face and Rouge was happy to have accomplished this mission as well.

"Suprise-"

But Amy had also surprised Rouge. She noticed that Amy had scratches and band-aids on her face and even bruises on her arms.

"What happened to you?!"

"Wait, is Shadow back too?" Amy asked immediately.

"Yes, but tell me, what happened-"

"Sorry Rouge, I need to get to him right now." Amy added, "Do you mind closing the Resistance for me? Is he in his apartment?"

"Yeah, I am guessing. But tell me, what-" Rouge never got to finish her sentences as Amy was already out of her door.

"Sorry Rouge! I'll tell you everything when I get back!"

.

Amy would have taken DR if it wasn't because Maria had stolen it ... again. The next day she arrived back home from Tail's house, she had found that her bike wasn't there, and because of that, she went to Shadow's apartment. Ready to fight again if that's what it took to get her bike back. When she got to Shadow's apartment, she found that his door was open and nothing was there.

Shadow's luxury apartment was empty, nothing was left. She fought the urge of calling Shadow and telling him but the thought that he might mess up in his mission because of the news still hunted her mind.

So she decided to wait. She thought Rouge would tell her when Team Dark was planning to go back home. She was planning on telling him the bad news softly but instead, she was afraid now that Shadow had found it the hard way.

Shadow's apartment was on the other side of the city and with her running and bad transportation system, Amy made it to Shadow's apartment around 7:15 p.m.

The sun was already down and Amy breathed heavily as she finally spotted Shadow's apartment door open.

She felt she could break at any moment, but she couldn't. She had to be strong for Shadow.

She opened the door more and it made a small creaking sound.

Shadow was sitting in the middle of the empty living room. His fancy couch was no more, no TV, no lights, nothing. His apartment was completely empty. Amy wonders if Shadow knew by now that they had also stolen all of his bikes. Amy was glad that Shadow had taken his favorite bike with him, otherwise, Maria would have stolen it as well.