Casual Friend Pt.4: Her

Amy thought she would never be in this position. She gulped in fear as she made her way inside G.U.N's headquarters. Her hands began to sweat, her lip softly tremble as she noticed how some agents looked at as she made her way.

She went inside and immediately, went to talk to the receptionist.

"Hello, I would like to speak to Shadow the Hedgehog," Amy said, she noticed that the receptionist looked her, up and down.

"Agent Shadow doesn't accept visits from anyone."

"Can you tell him that Amy Rose is looking for him, please?"

"I am sorry, but-"

"Amy! What brings you here sweetheart?"

Amy turned around as she recognized the familiar voice. Rouge was dazzling like always, she looked more professional today, however. Black pants, white shirt and black best. It was a simple look, but Rouge made everything look high fashion.

"Hey Rouge!" Amy smiled, "Do you think you can do me a favor?"

"Sure honey, what is it?"

"I need to give this to Shadow," Amy said as she showed Rouge a paper bag, "But the receptionist told me Shadow doesn't accept visits so-"

"Oh honey, next time just come inside to our office. You know very well that you are always welcome." Rouge directed a small stare at the receptionist, letting her know her intentions.

Amy nodded as she followed Rouge to the elevator. The elevator was made out of glass. The G.U.N. logo plastered around not just the elevator but everywhere. One couldn't argue whether it was pride or just egocentrism. She could see each floor of G.U.N., training floor, technology, and development, weaponry, vehicles, many in which Amy couldn't even name.

Everything.

She wanted to admit, that this was everything she wanted for the Resistance and she began to doubt herself.

Once again.

The elevator door opened and Rouge and Amy walked out, the new agents looked at them. Looking at Rouge, but mostly, looking at Amy.

New agents were placed in small cubicles while Team Dark and more experience agents had their own office. To go to their office, they had to walk through the cubicles first.

"Isn't that the girl who danced with agent Shadow on the new year's dance?"

"She is... What is she doing here?"

"She looks ... very ...plain."

Rouge didn't want to continue hearing it, but she didn't want to make a big fuss out of respect for Amy.

"Wasn't she the captain of the Resistance?"

"Oh, yes! Has she given up already? Is she looking for a job at G.U.N.?"

"As if! She is not talented enough to enter the academy and by the way she dresses ... I am sure she can't even pay it."

Rouge turned to look at Amy, her head was down, her bangs covered her face.

Rouge really wanted to do something, to at least tell the agents to stand up and tell her in the face. However, she knew Amy. The pink didn't like anyone else to fight her battles, let alone help her.

Amy wanted to defend herself ... but she couldn't do it when she knew that they were speaking the truth.

Rouge couldn't stand it, she was going to speak up, but someone came else came to do it for her.