CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX

"MEN SUCK."  Were the first words that greeted Tatum from Audrey's mouth as she walked into the house with a bag of takeout food in her hands, and a frown on her face.

"Nice to see you too, Rey." Tatum said with sarcasm as she watched Audrey angrily place the cartons of Chinese food on the table. "Sorry." Tatum said with her hands up in surrender as Audrey shot her a glare.

The blue haired woman let out a sigh as she stood up from the floor, leaving her clothes and half packed suitcase on the floor. "You wanna tell me why men suck? I mean besides the obvious." Tatum asked as she grabbed the fried rice from the table and began eating while waiting for Rey's response.

"EZ fucking canceled plans again." Rey groaned in frustration. "I get that he's busy doing shit with the club that I can't even begin to imagine, but don't fucking lie to me. He doesn't have to claim that club stuff came up when I saw him with Emily Galindo with my own two fucking eyes." She ranted while letting out a sigh filled with disappointment.

It didn't surprise Tatum that EZ was the reason for Rey's anger and frustration. It seemed like lately that's all the Reyes brothers were good for. Tatum sometimes wondered if she and Rey were getting too in over their heads by getting involved with the brothers.

"I'm sorry." Audrey apologized before Tatum could open her mouth to say a word. "I'm suppose to be here to help you pack, yet here I am complaining about my love life or lack there of." She explained as Tatum stared at her with a questioning eyebrow.

"Rey, you don't have to apologize." Tatum said waving off her best friend's apology. "I'm your best friend. It's what I'm here for."

Audrey gave Tatum an appreciative smile. "How are thing with you and Angel?" She asked noticing a frown quickly overtook Tatum's face.

Tatum could feel a frown take over her face as the question left Rey's mouth. She wasn't sure how things were with her and Angel. They hadn't got a chance to talk this morning seeing as Tatum had left for work before Angel was awake, and then when she returned home he was long gone. She had hoped to get a chance to talk to him before she left for Charming in the morning, but she was doubtful that would happen as she hadn't heard a word from the Mayan biker all day.

"Yeah, I don't really feel like talking about all of that." Tatum said while shaking her head. "I just want to finish packing and get some sleep." She said while tossing the empty food container into the garbage.

Audrey nodded. "Well then, let's get you all packed." Her eyes looking over at the pile of clothes on the floor. "How long are you going for again?" She teased.

"Long enough." Tatum said as a wave of nerves rolled around in her stomach.

•••

Jax placed his kutte on the back of a chair and ran a hand over his tired face. It had been a long day and all he wanted was a beer or two and some sleep, but Tara was trying to start the same conversation they had been having for the last few weeks. The blonde biker was getting fed up of hearing Tara's bitching about the club, and nagging about leaving Charming. Jax Teller would never leave behind Samcro or Charming. The club was his life, and that was something Tara could never understand.

"Jesus Christ, Tara." Jax said while interrupting Tara's rant about his mother. "I'm fuckin' tired. I just want to finish this beer and go the fuck to sleep." He knew he should of just stayed at the clubhouse.

"I'll make it easy for you then." Tara said, walking down the hallway towards Jax's bedroom. It wasn't even five minutes later when she returned with a suitcase in her hands. "You can go the fuck to sleep by yourself tonight. I'll go back to my house for a few days." Tara stared at Jax, waiting for him to pled with her not to go, but all she was met with was silence.

"I think that's a good idea." Jax said after a moment. He knew Tara wanted him to beg and plead with her not to leave, but he wasn't going to. Their relationship had been breaking down for a while, and Jax wasn't sure if he cared enough anymore to try and fix it.

"You know she's not coming back here for you." Tara said with tears in her eyes. "I came back here for you!" She yelled. "Tatum has a whole life away from Charming and you." She said with bitterness in her voice before walking out the door, slamming it on her way out.

A sigh left Jax's lips as he made his way towards his bedroom, forgetting about the half empty bottle of beer sitting on the table in front of him. Jax knew Tara's words were true. He knew Tatum wasn't coming back for him, but the blonde biker hoped to change that. It had taken Jax a long time to realize just how strong his feelings for Tatum were, but now that he did he didn't plan on letting her slip through his fingers again.

•••

(A/N: Sorry this took so long to get out! I had a longer and different chapter written but I didn't like it. I might post it though as an extra chapter or something. Thank you all for the votes, comments, and views! ❤️)