• Chapter 8 •

Thump. Thump.

Nico di Angelo was having a hard time keeping his feelings in check while his heart was trying to leap out of his chest. Gritting his teeth, he forced himself to take the few more steps towards him room, Percy at his heels.

The wide corridors seemed to stretch on forever, and little did he know that the green-eyed boy behind him felt the same. All the walls were painted black at his father's demands, which meant walking in a dark wasn't at the top of Nico's mental to-do list.

Arriving at a tall wooden door painted dark brown, Nico came to a halt. He faintly heard Percy's muffled breaths as he twisted the metal doorknob. Placing his skeletal hand on the mahogany door, he gave a small push to it, feeling his calloused fingers rubbing against the quality material.

With a step in, Nico didn't turn back until he heard Percy step in as well. Turning to face him, the brown-eyed boy signed, urgency written all over his face. Don't close the door.

Reluctantly, the black-haired boy did as told. Finally exhaling in relief, Nico blinked a few times before giving his attention back to Percy Jackson.

Nico studied his sun-kissed skin appreciatively. He remembered faintly once when his own skin had been darker by the sun. It isn't like this anymore, Nico thought, glancing at his pale olive skin.

He must have been scowling deeper than he meant to because Percy stepped closer towards him, worry twinging in his gaze. "Are you okay?" he asked, his voice honey smooth. Nico chewed his lip. Nodding, he took a glance at his sea green eyes, drowning in the beautiful abyss of the ocean. A feeling told him he would never look at the sea the same again.

A small smile tugged on Percy's lips, and Nico felt shivers tingling at the bottom of his spine. He felt blood rushing to his face in large quantities and quickly looked away.

"So... what are we going to do?" the green-eyed boy asked, and Nico stopped himself from slapping the stupid boy. How can you ask to come over to one's house, then ask what to do?

Nico di Angelo sighed. This was Percy. Of course he would make things harder for him. He let his lips curl into an easygoing grin. What about movies? he gestured, hoping he would agree.

The smirk Percy gave him made the room two degrees higher. Nico shuffled on his feet, feeling as if ants were crawling under his tight jeans. He pointed to the the large screen hung up on the wall in front of his king-size bed. "TV in bed? Sounds good to me." Percy mused, his eyelashes fluttering around his abyssal green eyes.

Stepping in, Nico noticed Percy leaning towards his back. Only later did he realise he was peering over his shoulder at his broad bed. The bedsheets were grey as it was always, yet the pillows were now a blood red, with a velvety feel to it. A thick black comforter replaced his once thin cotton blanket.

Nico motioned Percy over, praying his blush wasn't showing. The tall teenager slid under the covers, rubbing his skin against the warmth of the safe haven. His face crinkled in satisfaction. That got a small smile from the brown-eyed boy. Instead of getting near the black-haired boy, Nico sat on the edge of the bed, the TV remote in his hand.

Opening Netflix, Nico glanced at Percy, an inquiring look in his gaze. "Could we binge-watch series instead?" he asked tentatively, his voice coy and small. Nico nodded and smiled genuinely at him. He didn't understand how the green-eyed boy managed to make his life twice as better as it were before.

With a faraway look in his eyes, Nico kept scrolling, waiting for Percy to say something. All of a sudden, Percy yelped. "Yes, that!" The brown-eyed boy glanced at the screen, frowning. Percy had chosen Shadowhunters, and it was a show that he had never assumed his type.

Tilting his head as to say "really?", Nico furrowed his brows. Blush invaded Percy's cheeks. "Uh... have you read the books?" he questioned, hope filling each word utterly. Yeah, the series are amazing, Nico signed. He loved gesturing the sign language for amazing. You held out both of your fists at each side of your head, suddenly opening and closing them with all five fingers out.

Percy gave him a lopsided sarcastic smile.

The brown-eyed boy clicked at it and set the remote down once the volume was adjusted. He remained at the edge of the bed until he heard a patting sound next to him. Turning around, Nico realised Percy wanted him to sit next to him.

Biting his lower lip, Nico felt a throbbing pain at his sternum. He felt it more often now, but he wasn't complaining. It wasn't excruciating; it was more delightful than painful.

Nico di Angelo slid under the comforter next to Percy and glanced up at him. They held a gaze for a second too long, and Nico averted his gaze. He could feel the embarrassment reddening his ears.

He inched closer towards the middle of the bed as the sound of Clary Fray's voice resonated across the room. 

As the minutes passed, Nico was almost touching Percy. 

They were so close, the brown-eyed boy could feel his natural warmth radiating off him. He was almost tempted to wrap his lanky arms around him to feel more of his reassuring heat. Nico stopped himself before he could.

Soon enough, the second episode of the first season was over, and Nico's eyes were getting tired from the seconds turning into minutes turning into hours.

He had a feeling Percy felt the same since his eyelids kept fluttering for no apparent reason. Before he knew it, Nico was leaning against the boy, his head on his shoulder. Breathing in his sweet-and-salty scent, Nico couldn't not reminisce about the stretching oceans.

When he glanced back up at Percy, Nico noticed he was looking down at him with a sort of hungry gleam in his eyes. The green of his irises glittered more than usually, and the brown-eyed boy couldn't say he wasn't mesmerised by the beauty of them.

Before he could come to his senses, Nico fell asleep laying next to the divine Percy, his nose nuzzled in the crook of his neck. 

*   *   *

When Nico woke up, he felt an arm around his waist, pulling him close protectively. He breathed in the smell of the sea as his eyes fluttered open. His face was buried deep in somebody's sturdy chest, which was raising up and down at a steady pace. With a jolt, realisation dawned on him. This wasn't just anybody's chest. This was Percy's.

And that's when Nico felt it. A hand entangled in his already ruffled raven black hair. A slightly red tint dusted Nico's face as he placed his right hand on Percy's sternum. Pushing back slightly, Nico raised his gaze towards Percy's.

His green eyes eyed dreamily his angelic face, his signature smile curling his beautiful lips. "Hey..." he whispered, his voice hoarse. Blinking out the sleep out of his eyes, Nico sat up on the mattress. What time is it? he asked, his gaze skittering over the TV, which was still on. 

"8PM" Percy replied, a twinge of worry darkening his tone. He met Nico's brooding brown gaze. "I— uh, thank you... I should go home now." he said, his eyes flittering nervously towards the alarm clock next to the bed. Licking his lips, Nico nodded.

His gaze locked with Percy's.

And he knew that the boy had taken his breath away for another countless time.

∆   ∆   ∆

so uh hey

...have a good day!

-drakonator