• Chapter 11 •

"Bye!"

Percy grinned as he waved his goodbyes to his best friends.

As he walked away, the lean figures of the blonde Annabeth and kaleidoscope-eyed Piper were just dots on faraway horizon. Friday was their date night.

Sighing, Percy flipped out his phone out of his jeans' back pocket, checking the time. 16:40

A small smile graced his beautiful lips as his footsteps echoed on the sidewalks. Blush filled his cheeks as realisation dawned on him. He was going to see the angelic Nico di Angelo again.

Despite their meet-ups being very frequent and regular, Percy's skin still prickled at the mention of his name. At first he didn't understand how the brown-eyed boy could make him get goosebumps and flustered so easily.

But now, it seemed fairly obvious to him. The way Nico's brown eyes sparkled in the sunlight and gleamed whenever Percy talked melted his insides. He knew the boy would be the death of him. The green-eyed boy loved how Nico would mouth along to almost anything as well, it didn't manner wether it was songs, movies or TV shows. His graceful lips just meant the world to Percy. They were pouty in an adorable way, and the way he smiled made Percy's heart beat out of his chest.

And then there was his hair. The obsidian black of the ruffled tufts resembled a raven at flight. Each time Percy saw Nico, he felt the irresistible urge to run his fingers through the soft yet unkempt strands of his hair.

Biting his bottom lip, Percy ran a hand through his own hair. "I love him, don't I?" he asked himself, his whisper only for him to hear.

As the minutes passed, Percy realised he was already in front of Nico's house. I've spent all this time thinking about him? the green eyed boy told himself, his face flushing with embarrassment. He refused to admit it, but Nico's house impressed him. It wasn't as nice as his Rachel's or Piper's, but it was enough to knock him out breathless. After all, he lived in a small apartment with his mother.

The tall building was easy to decipher, even in a place like Manhattan. The walls were dark, which made spotting it at nighttime more challenging, but the large windows provided enough light to illuminate the whole street. Despite the gloomy look outside, the interior looked much more cozy. The chandeliers and lamps casted a warm yellow glow around the rooms and halls. Comfortable furniture were scattered wherever they wanted. It definitely wasn't the hellhole other people thought he lived in.

Percy swallowed, coming back to his senses. He raised his fist to knock on the door, but he didn't need to. Just before his skin came in contact with the polished wood, the door swung open, revealing an elegant woman. She didn't look old, but not young either. Her eyes gleamed with a sort of light Percy didn't recognise, but it didn't matter. He had to see Nico right now.

"Hello ma'am." Percy greeted her, dipping his head in acknowledgement. The lady's dark hair seemed to float around her guarded face. Her black eyes contrasted greatly with her winter white skin. But her stern look melted away as she smiled. "Welcome. You're here for Nico, yes? He's upstairs, in his room. I think you know where that is." she replied, her eyes scanning Percy almost reproachfully. "Also, please call me Persephone."

Percy gave her a curt nod, not wanting any more contact with Nico's stepmother. She gave him a strange vibe he just couldn't shake off. 

As he climbed up the stairs, he felt grateful to be here. The battling winds outside were no comfort to him. He preferred the soft breezes of the sea.

Nico, he thought as he walked in the corridor to his room. Time seemed to slow down as he realised that Nico's door was opened. His eyes filled with confusion as he heard muffled whispers.