IX.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ a flower bud in concrete

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
a flower bud in concrete.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

THEIR RELATIONSHIP was certainly one of a kind — not like the usually sappy and always romantic ones between two people that love each other. if a day went by without a few playful insults or disagreements, then the younger may have actually been a little concerned if they were okay.

that's why he wasn't surprised when his boyfriend showed up at the warehouse early the next day with a frown and crossed arms. honesty wasn't an issue with them, whenever there was an problem taehyung would immediately address it and demand an answer. that's probably why jungkook actually started feeling guilty about last night.

"you lied." taehyung said, brushing passed the ravenette and not even bothering to kiss his waiting mouth. "i had to sit here and watch jimin and namjoon lick hot sauce off each other."

"been there done that." jungkook shut the door and followed behind the boy, walking through the sliding glass doors of the lab and going back to his notes. taehyung had already claimed a seat by some of the computers, rolling over to the table and crossing one leg over the other.

"where were you last night?" he asked.

jungkook just scribbled some more words and starting writing slower, trying to weigh the pros and cons between lying just a little bit more. "don't even try." his boyfriend stopped him there.

"fine, i did meet someone at 8, that wasn't a lie." jungkook said, "it just wasn't with namjoon."

"who was it." taehyung asked. it's not like he was mad about this, he knew they'd talk about it anyways, but he just liked to know because if something went wrong then he wouldn't be completely helpless and without a clue.

the other male was still busy writing whatever down, not even paying attention to his boyfriend sneaking glances at the plans. "you don't know the guy." jungkook said, and then he paused, realizing the way taehyung would take that — and of course it was a raised eyebrow and crossed arms all over again. "baby you know i love you, it wasn't like that."

"my boyfriend who lies to me and then sneaks away at night to meet an unnamed guy," taehyung basically summed up everything that he understood with a nod. "yeah i'm not worried at all."

the ravenette finally dropped his pen and stood up straighter, muscles flexing underneath the black long sleeve he had on. there was a playful grin on his face as he walked closer to the annoyed older. "you really think something happened?" jungkook asked, his palms now holding onto the tiny elbow rests of the chair, trapping taehyung in the seat and between his arms. "n-no." gosh it was getting harder for taehyung to keep up his angry face.