XII.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ the past beats inside me like a second heart

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
the past beats inside me
like a second heart.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

IT WAS SURPRISING how much of this drive he had remembered, not knowing how close the two facilities were to each other. even though he knows her connections allowed her to pull some strings, even this was a bit surprising to him.

the woman's correction facility sign came into view, and jungkook took the exit off the highway. "damn." he said, looking at the property from the passenger side window.

it still looked like a prison, with the fence and barbed wire and all that nice stuff. the part that gave it away as a more 'privileged' people got to have during their sentence, was mainly the seemingly regular cut grass surrounding the newly installed basketball courts and pool. it had something to do with encouraging healthy exercise during incarceration. jungkook thought it was dumb.

he locked his car and made his way to the front where security was, emptying his pockets into a bin and showing his i.d to gain access.

"who are you here to visit?" the woman behind the glass asked him. she was printing out a visitor sticker for him and checking his i.d.

"uh kim seohyun." jungkook said, his palms resting on the counter and awkwardly tapping.

the woman nodded and slid a sticker and his i.d back through the small opening, which he took and stuck to the front of his t-shirt. she picked up a phone and starting talking, only pausing to point to the right, "head on through that door." she told him.

jungkook just nodded and thanked her, walking through the door and seeing a waiting room. this facility was different, visiting hours were a lot longer then other places and the visiting rooms weren't separating people and prisoners by a sheet of glass.

the ravenette was standing in a decent sized room, others also waiting and some already sitting. there were a few guards standing around the room, guts out over their belts and eyes looking like they were ready to fall asleep. jungkook found an empty table, they all only seated two, and he pulled the chair out.

visitation started at noon. he had five minutes to collect his thoughts and not vomit across the gross tiled floors.

those minutes seemed to go by really fast, because there was a buzzer sound and one of the metal doors unlocked. another security came walking in with a trail of woman behind him, all in the same beige outfits.

they looked around and everyone found their visitors, mostly family members or partners. jungkook stood up and awkwardly smiled when he made eye contact with seohyun.