Chapter Twenty Seven

Shout out to @AlexaLittle6 your a funny person.

Davina's POV

"Why do you have a gun?" I tell him, lifting it up in my hand.

His face shoots back out of my neck and looks at the gun in my hand. After a few seconds he responds, "Why not?"

Well that's not shady at all.

"That's not really I don't know? Normal" I deadpanned.

His eyes held no emotion "It's normal for me" he shrugs.

Normal? My eyebrows furrowed.

"In my experience, when someone has a gun it's usually because they into some type of shady business" I accidentally confess without noticing.

He stares turns accusingly "What do you mean in your experience?" He asks, taking the gun away and putting it back into the glove compartment.

My eyes widen "Uh I mean in the movies" I lie.

He takes a deep a breath and looks out the window "Ok"

"Ok?" I ask, confused.

He turns back to me "Look I'm rich. My family is fucking filthy rich and famous... you never know when someone is going to try something ok?" He responds, defensively.

I get off him and get back on the passenger seat, now that the mood is ruined.

"Why not just get bodyguards?" I ask, softly.

"I don't fucking need no bodyguard!" He snaps.

"It was a suggestion" I shrug, trying to stop myself from getting angry.

Count 1-10 Davina.

1
2
3

Ok I'm good.

"Well keep your stupid suggestions to yourself" He rudely replies.

What the fuck is wrong with him?

I was about to cuss him out but I was reminded I needed to go home to talk to my brother about what's going to go down.

I sigh and put my seatbelt on "I need to get home"

He turns on the car and drives back into the highway.

* * *

The car drive was silent and filled with tension, not the good kind.

We stopped in front of house, "Um I'm going to be really busy for these two weeks... I forgot to tell you"
I break the silence.

He completely avoids eye contact and stares at his phone "Doesn't matter I have to do business for my dad in Italy... I'll be back in a week or two I don't really know" He shrugs.

"Oh? When do you leave?"

"I don't know yet" He shrugs, again.