Runaway

No... Glacier couldn't... she just COULDN'T.

Frost began to smirk and so did Princess Snowfall.

Hailstorm wanted to destroy the universe but lost his will to do it. His heart sunk and Hailstorm looked over at Icicle. Her eyes were wide with fear. She began thrashing in her bounds, trying to free herself.

He had to help Icicle. Icicle had to live. Hailstorm couldn't... wouldn't let Icicle die. He would rather die himself.

He and Icicle were always competing to see who could always keep up their family's name better. Hailstorm knew she could do it better than Hailstorm.

Was this something that was going to run in the family? Dad couldn't save his first girlfriend, Icicle couldn't save Hailstorm, Winter couldn't save Kinkajou, and Hailstorm couldn't save Icicle. This better not run through the family.

The guards walked up to the stage and grabbed Icicle. She fought them but her attempts were pointless. Icicle could hardly move.

Queen Glacier didn't look at anyone but she just walked away from the crowd. She didn't dismiss them. What were the supposed to do? Dismiss themselves? Queen Glacier's guards didn't even go with her. Something was up.

Hailstorm didn't care. He took off and flew toward the ocean. He heard his parents yell his name but Hailstorm wasn't going to stop. He needed a moment to think.

He had to save his sister one way or another. Icicle wouldn't die on his watch.

Sure, he had left her for years, and she nearly killed a Dragonet of Destiny and killed citizen of Queen Glory. Maybe Icicle didn't take the right path but Hailstorm still felt like it was his obligation to protect her.

It's his fault anyway she was going to die.

"Hey," his mother growled, landing next to him. She smacked him. "when your father and I call you, you come. No questions."

Father landed on the other side of Hailstorm. He stared at the horizon as well, he didn't say a word to Hailstorm. They didn't need to. He knew his dad was upset with him but Hailstorm knew Narwhal didn't want Icicle to die either.

"Let's go say goodbye to Icicle," her mother snapped, as she took off. Narwhal followed and Hailstorm trailed after them.

They landed at the prison cells and walked past the guards. Glacier was there and she pulled him off too the side.

"Look, Prince Hailstorm, Princess Icicle nearly killed a subject of Queen Glory. Now, Queen Glory chose May have chose peace but I cannot let my subjects know murdering another queen's subject is okay. I'm sorry your siblings had to be examples of what IceWings shouldn't be but it wasn't my fault they chose the paths they did. It's not your fault and you shouldn't think it is," Queen Glacier claimed.

He sighed and bowed before walking away. He couldn't deal with Queen Glacier right now. She was on his last nerve.

Calm down, Hailstorm thought. It could be worse, he could be an average RainWing. He says average now because of Queen Glory. Queen Glory was tough and dangerous. That's the last queen he'd ever want to be in trouble with.

Even Scarlet wasn't that scary, she was just crazy and power-hungry.

Icicle was unbound, probably just so he, Narwhal, and Tundra could say goodbye the IceWing way. Which was basically, saying what you could've done better.

Once Tundra and Narwhal was done, Hailstorm walked up and stated, "I'm sorry I couldn't save you. I tried, believe me."

"I do believe you," Icicle whispered. "I tried to save you and I messed up. I was too focused on my tribe to realize that what I was doing was wrong. Please, run away or do something that helps you escape from this mess IceWing's call organization. Winter was right. Don't fall into the same trap every other IceWing has fallen into."