The IceWing Queen

He woke up.

Time to be an IceWing. Again.

Hailstorm was staring to wish he had run off with Icicle and Winter. Then again, he and Icicle both needed time to figure out who they were. Hailstorm need to figure out the tribe again but Icicle needed to find herself.

So did he.

Could he ever truly be an IceWing again after Pyrite? He loved flying and missed his huge SkyWing wings that helped him go faster than any other tribe.

What was good about the IceWings?

Their frost breath and they lived in a home no one could conquer unless the had animus magic. They survived blinding lights. Used to have the only animus.

Until some other dragons rid the IceWings of that and gave it to the NightWings and SeaWings. That was what Hailstorm's IceWing side told him.

However, the not- IceWing side of him told him it was fine that some IceWings had fallen in love with another tribe.

Hailstorm's door opened and he turned around to look at his mother. She glared at him in such away, it made him want to cower behind another IceWing. Her necklace (which was made of teeth, ew) jingled on her neck.

Stay strong, it's just your mother, Hailstorm reminded himself.

"We have an issue and require assistance downstairs. You must be down in ten minutes, no later," Tundra growled.

"Yes ma'am," Hailstorm claimed before turning around. His assistance? What for?

"You let Icicle out, didn't you?" Tundra asked, shutting the door.

"What are you talking about?" Hailstorm asked, freaking out on the inside. What if she found out? What would become of Hailstorm and his siblings?

"You used to be a weak, sympathetic SkyWing not too long ago. It probably hasn't gone away. Besides, you killed Winter in The Diamond Trial and failed to convince the queen Icicle could be saved. You didn't want another of your sibling's death to be on your shoulder," Tundra explained, staring at him.

"Still don't know what you're talking about," Hailstorm stated, shaking.

"You can tell your mother the truth, I won't judge you. I know how it feels, to hurt someone you love," Tundra said. "Your father would know too."

How would she know? Does Hailstorm really know his parents that well? He has no idea what their backstories were.

"I'll be down soon," Hailstorm claimed, not looking at her.

"Love you," Tundra said. She opened the door, walked out, and shut the door.

"Love you too," Hailstorm whispered to himself. Hearing that alone, made Hailstorm glad he didn't run off with Icicle and Winter. He loved his siblings, much more than his parents, but that comment alone made it all worth while.

He and his siblings all got along great and could get along better now. Before, Hailstorm, Icicle, and Winter shared similar goals. Now, they all had one thing in common- the will to be someone else besides a stuck up IceWing.

His mom and dad must be hurting right now too. One dead son, one unstable son, and one missing- will- be- killed- on- sight daughter. They must miss everything before Hailstorm's capture and Jade Mountain Academy. When they were a very close to perfect family.

Now, they were one mess of a family.

At least everyone was alive and mostly well. It would work out in the end, Hailstorm was sure of it. One day, they'll reunite as siblings, if not as a family.

Maybe. Hopefully.

Hailstorm was just about ready to walk out of his room when Frost opened his door. She walked in his room and shut the door.

"Uh, hey," Hailstorm said, confused. Nobody ever walked into one's room without permission. If they did, it was usually your family or the queen.

"You talk weirdly," Frost observed, staring at his messy bed.

"Is there a reason you're here besides to annoy me?" Hailstorm snapped. He shouldn't have done that, he was going to regret it.

If looks could kill, Hailstorm would have died a few thousand times by Frost in that moment.

"And you think you don't annoy me?" Frost angerly claimed.

"You were the one who gave the speech for my sister's own execution! You think I want to see you and talk like nothing ever happened? My sister is dead because of you!" Hailstorm roared.

"And your brother is dead because of you," Frost growled.

She knew how to hurt him. He took a step backward and thought about crying. He shouldn't, at least not in front of her.

"Or did you let him escape like you let Icicle escape?" Frost smirked. "Because you're a wimp."

"Out, now," Hailstorm ordered, opening the door.

Frost walked out, obviously proud of herself. Maybe he should've run off just so he didn't have to be engaged and potentially married to the- most- annoy- dragon- in- the- IceWing- Kingdom.

Would anyone notice if Frost had suddenly disappeared one night?

Hailstorm walked out of his room and shut the door. He walked down the endless icy hallways. Why weren't IceWings ever as colorful as the other tribes? Hailstrom meant, it would be nice to see something else besides ice and snow and MORE ICE! Does the ice ever end in the kingdom?!

He walked into the meeting room. Tundra and Narwal sat there along with some other high- ranked IceWings. The IceWing queen was no where in sight.

"Where's Queen Glacier?" Hailstorm asked, looking around the room.

"That's the thing," Narwhal replied. "Queen Glacier is sick with a plague. It's spreading throughout the kingdom. Tundra and I are in charge till the queen recovers, and if not--"

"If not," Princess Snowfall interrupted. "I'm the next queen. Queen Snowfall of the IceWings. It's perfect."