MudWings

Queen Glacier is dying? Snowfall might become queen?

Will Tundra challenge Snowfall for the throne? Hopefully she does, otherwise, Princess Snowfall will wreak havoc across Pyrrhia with the IceWing army at her side.

Why was Queen Glacier sick? Hailstorm racked his brain, trying to remember how the last plague started. Was there a cure? There had to a cure, maybe they could get a NightWing or SeaWing animus to help them. The only NightWing animus was moping in a cave because he had the powers. He knew some SeaWing royalty had them but they won't help the IceWings, not with Queen Coral there.

Queen Coral, from what he knows about her, is a lot like Princess Snowfall. Tribe first, peace second. There was no way she'd help them if they had the plague.

Since when did Hailstorm think about peace before his tribe?

He answered his own question immediately. He saved Winter and Winter was saving the world with his friends. 

Sure, Winter was also his brother but he was also saving the world with Moonwatcher, Qibli, Turtle, Kinkajou, and Peril. Really, just Moonwatcher. Hailstorm saw the way Winter looked at Moonwatcher. He liked her but so did the SandWing, Qibli. By the looks of it, so far, it seemed Qibli was winning. 

Hopefully, Winter will find another dragon or get Moonwatcher. Why Winter would chose a NightWing, Hailstorm wasn't sure.

Foeslayer, the NightWing that took Prince Artic and his animus abilities to the NightWings. However, Foeslayer had said she just loved Prince Artic and he loved her back. They focused on that, and not of the consequences.

Which lead to Darkstalker. Everyone's nightmare. 

"Dismissed," Narwhal snapped and everyone exited but Princess Snowfall, Frost, and himself. Why were they still here?

"Mother, may I have a word?" Hailstorm asked as the other two approached his father.

Tundra stood up and they walked to the corner. "What's up?" she whispered.

"It's just... do you plan on challenging Snowfall for the IceWing throne?" Hailstorm said.

Tundra bit her bottom lip and let go of it. She claimed, "No. I don't want the throne of the IceWings. While I am being selfish when I say that, it would be for the best if Princess Snowfall had it. She's been trained on how to be a queen, I wasn't."

"Queen Glory grew up in a cave without knowing what the RainWings were like and became their queen in two days," Hailstorm retorted.

"There in a different situation. They were all lazy until Queen Glory. It wasn't like they were IceWings with a system and everything. Besides, I have no heirs. End of conversation," Tundra snapped. She walked back toward Narwhal. 

Snowfall and Frost walked out and Hailstorm lingered in the room with his parents. They stared at him and he stared at the floor.

"We miss them too, Hailstorm. I know this isn't easy, just hold on. It will get better," Narwhal stated. Hailstorm looked up and he used every muscle to hold back the tears swelling into his eyes.

He nodded and walked back to his room. Hailstorm began to sob. Sob. No IceWing sobs like a pathetic RainWing. There tough and they don't break.

We aren't machines, we have strong emotions we need to let out, he thought instead. It doesn't mean we're weak, it just shows that it's okay not to be perfect.

He sighed. He was just beyond annoyed at the world. Maybe he should be Pyrite again or runaway with his siblings. 

Life sucked as an IceWing most days.

Hailstorm tried his best to be what his parents wanted him to be. It was hard to be perfect or close to that. They almost seemed to care about him somedays but Hailstorm knew it was an act. If they pretended to love him, it was easier for them to break him. 

I can't let that happen, he thought.

He wiped his tears away. No one, no one could see him like this. He needed to be an IceWing. That's what he was and who he was meant to be. He needed to stay strong.

I am not Pyrite, the useless SkyWing. I am Hailstorm, the strongest IceWing. 

He took a deep breath and walked out of his room. He walked down the hallways silently and out of the castle. He wanted to fly throughout the kingdom and take in it's beauty.

Before he was able to walk out the exit, Frost slide in front of him. He growled and she hissed.

"Hear me out, I--" Frost snapped. She glared at him and Hailstorm glared back.

"No. You crush me, walk all over me, get my sister imprisoned and nearly executed and blamed me for letting her out. I don't want to 'talk' it out," Hailstorm growled. 

"Then fight me," she insisted.

"No, I'm going to take a peaceful flight without you. Leave me be," Hailstorm roared, shoving past her. He leaped into the sky, flying as fast as he could.

He heard wingbeats behind him and he looked over his shoulder. Frost was following him and Hailstorm growled. Why didn't she understand he wanted to be alone? It wasn't a hard concept. He says, "leave me be," you leave him BE!

He cursed at her in his mind and began to beat his wings faster. Frost couldn't keep up with him and he saw he fall behind till she was no longer visible. 

That's when Hailstorm noticed how much his own wings hurt. They flared with pain, forcing him to land by a frozen lake.

He lied there and out of the corner of his eye, he saw a beautiful MudWing with another MudWing behind her. She screeched and the male MudWing ran up to Hailstorm.

"Rest, we'll take care of you," the male MudWing said. Hailstorm nodded.

He heard the male MudWing say, "Sora, he's dangerous."

Then he fell asleep.