Someone is There

When Hailstorm awoke, he saw the female MudWing sitting by a fire with the other MudWing. He got up and sat by them.

"Good morning, I'm Sora, by the way. My brother, Umber, is over there," Sora claimed, smiling at him. 

"Good morning, Sora. Good morning, Umber," he greeted them. They both smiled at him strangely and Hailstorm took a spot by Sora. She was beautiful. This was his soulmate, he was sure of it.

Umber shifted over toward Hailstorm awkwardly and said, "You're very handsome."

Hailstorm felt uncomfortable around Umber but these were his host. They didn't hate him yet, so he wasn't going to give them a reason to.

They spent most of their afternoon's exchanging stories about their lives. It wasn't till Umber and Sora got to Jade Mountain Academy before they stopped talking. It confused Hailstorm but he didn't want to push Sora. He was beginning to like her.

"So Prince Hailstorm, do you know Prince Winter and Princess Icicle?" Umber asked, interrupting Sora's story at Jade Mountain. Why'd he not let Sora finish?

"Uh, yeah. They're my brother and sister," Hailstorm responded. Sora looked like she was going to throw up. Hailstorm wrapped his wing around her and Umber looked hurt. Sora wouldn't look him in the eyes. What was up with these two? "What's going on?"

"We went to Jade Mountain Academy together for awhile. Sora was put in a winglet with Princess Icicle and as it turns out, Princess Icicle had led the battle that our sister, Crane, died in. Princess Icicle had killed Crane herself," Umber began to explain.

Hailstorm gulped. He had a feeling he knew where this was going and it wasn't going to end well. He straightened himself and pulled Sora closer to him but she refused to come any closer.

"Sora said Princess Icicle talked in her sleep about killing every night. So Sora decided to avenge Crane and stop whatever Princess Icicle was planning. Then, Princess Icicle tried to kill Sora but I grabbed her and we ran off before Princess Icicle could kill us. We have no idea what happened at Jade Mountain Academy after that. We've been on the run for awhile," Umber continued. 

Sora took off and leaped into the sky. Hailstorm didn't feel like following her, she had tried to kill his sister. Sure, Icicle had killed Crane and nearly killed Starflight but why did it have to be Sora who tried to kill Icicle? He liked Sora, which was the worst part. 

Umber looked slightly pleased with himself. What was wrong with this dude?

"Umber, uh, that's your sister. Shouldn't you go after her?" Hailstorm asked.

"She wants alone time so we'll set up camp and she'll return eventually," Umber responded.

They had set up two very large tents. Five dragons could fit in one comfortably. Umber had left the fire on because he said it would be easier for Sora to find them.

 Hailstorm sat on the cliff with his back toward the fire and tents. He wasn't sure what to think about Sora now. His emotions fought each other telling him it was okay and some telling him it wasn't.

The fire went out behind him. Hailstorm whirled around and saw two IceWings at their camp. One had Umber pinned and the other had a disc to Sora's neck. Sora said something Hailstorm missed and Umber growled.

Well, Sora was back.

"Winter! Icicle! Stop hurting my friends!" Hailstorm snapped at his siblings. 

"I recognize her," Icicle growled, keeping the disc at Sora's throat. Winter and Umber got off each other and Umber looked at Winter in a strange way. Hailstorm didn't like it.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to, I was young and stupid and--" Sora began sobbing.

Icicle must've realized who Sora was. Instead of killing Sora, Icicle dropped her weapon and hugged Sora. They exchanged a few words before letting go of each other.

Hailstorm jumped off the cliff and hugged Sora too. Icicle was a different dragon now and if she forgave Sora like that, then so could Hailstorm. Icicle must have realized what Scarlet made her do and realized what Sora was trying to do was brave. Sora was trying to stop her friend.

That takes guts.

Sora needed someone to be there for her.

And now someone is there for her, Hailstorm. He'd stay by her side, no matter what her past is. It's the past, they'll move on and start again. Everyone deserves a second chance.

Icicle's getting her second chance. So is Winter, Hailstorm, and now Sora. And Sora could have hers with Hailstorm.

Winter said good- bye, hugged Icicle, and told them his new friends needed him. He flew off, leaving Hailstorm with Icicle, Umber, and Sora.

Winter must have freed Icicle.

Hailstorm and Sora curled up next to each other before Hailstorm told her he'd have to leave in the morning and head back to the Ice Kingdom. 

"What's your plan?" Sora asked him.

"Check in on Queen Glacier. If she's dead, I'm leaving. If she's alive, I'll need to tell her something."

"Promise me you'll come back sometime?" Sora asked. Her eyes were amazing. They shined brighter than the moons themselves and were as gentle as butterflies.

"Sora, I'd always come back to you. I'd find you in rain or snow. I'll be back, I promise," Hailstorm said. She smiled.

He smiled back.

Hailstorm would come back to her.

He always would.

Because that was the piece of him he was searching for the entire time.

When he arrived at the palace, his parents greeted him and ran off. They didn't notice he was gone?

Frost walked up to him and told him, "Hailstorm, the Queen of the IceWings is dead. I am not going to give you a long speech about what happened. So here it is simply. Darkstalker is alive and he sent the plague to us."

Princess Snowfall walked up behind her and wrapped her wing around Frost. Princess Snowfall claimed, "Prepare for war against the NightWings. As your new queen, I command you too."

Ex- Queen Glacier was dead, Queen Snowfall rose to power, and they were going to war against the NightWings.

This couldn't end well.