F i v e

━━━━━

Challenge Accepted

━━━━━

The pair of mother and daughter strolled through the consoling establishment made of pure timber with perfect strides. They had their arms entwined at the elbow crease, and though for others it seemed as a sweet and innocent gesture, it was truly just a way for Charlotte to keep her daughter under the reins, as though if they were apart, Alaska would turn around and leave. 

And Alaska couldn't tell why her mother held onto her so tightly, not until her eyes rested on the blond and the two vacant seats in the table in which he sat in. It didn't take a mastermind to connect the dots and immediately withdraw from her mother's forged attempt of affection.

"The fuck mom"?! The distraught girl mouthed in protest "There is no chance in hell that is happening, you did not just pair me with Justin"! Alaska uttered as she stopped in her tracks, her instantaneous action raising the attention of the infamous family that gathered not too far from the duo, causing her mother to widen her eyes in concern, for she was not about to let her daughter ruin things for herself. 

 "What? I watched him today, he's an incredible skater" Charlotte attempted to justify her actions, an uncalculated decision that made her daughter even angrier than she already was.

"And an entitled asshole! I am not skating with someone like that"! The girl lifted her chin up, as though to tower over her mother and show her that she would not back down that time "Not to mention, are we gonna talk about what happened to Natalie? His partners don't last, for one reason or another. I won't be surprised if he's behind it all" Alaska crossed her arms, and though she hardly believed Natalie's injury was Justin's fault, she couldn't help but use the information she had learned about his older partners to prove a point.

"Calm down, Alaska. People are staring. I won't let you embarrass me because of your ignorance" Charlotte grabbed onto her daughter's wrist a little too tightly as Alaska winced in pain, before brushing the emotion off and meeting the family that was joined by the table with an apprehensive smile.

"I wonder where I get that from"? The brunette whispered to her mother, who nudged her daughter in response to stay quiet. 

"Charlotte Myers, it's pleasure to finally meet you, James Davis" Her mother shook hands with a respectful man embellished with a luxurious, professional suit. Alaska could only assume he was Justin's father as she took a seat by the table and avoided to make contact with any of the other souls that shared it with her, asides from the blond who sat across from her, the same one who had gotten her into the mess of skating with him by messing things up with his previous partner. Justin sent her a casual smirk, which she replied to by sending him an enraged glare, signaling to him that she wasn't having any of his bullshit.

"This is my wife, Mandy Davis" The girl averted her gaze to a loveable, platinum blonde that sent her an embracing smile, one that genuinely made her want to smile back with her heart "My sons Drew and Reid" James motioned towards a pair of twins who were preoccupied with deriding each other, an action that brought Alaska back to her own childhood for a single moment of importance "And of course, Justin, whom you already know" Her attention returned to him, and the smile she shared with the rest immediately vanished as though it never existed.

"This is my Alaska" Charlotte rested her palms on her daughter's shoulders, before ruffling her hair affectionately. To the intricate family it seemed sweet, but it was only the brunette who felt her mother's nails dig into her skin, as though warning her to behave well.