T w e l v e

━━━━━

Right Here With You

━━━━━

Her delicate hands were crossed together for warmth and security as she leaned her lower spine across the railing and followed the pair that skated in front of her attentively. Her eyes were narrowed alongside a protruded scowl she didn't bother to conceal, for she felt far from tolerant with her environment that day and felt the need to evince it with dignity.

"Where's Justin"? A brunette with neatly organized hair held together by a headband mumbled as she passed the newcomer, her arm laced with her partner's delightfully, who Alaska didn't spare even a glance at, for her full attention was focused on the leer the female skater had smeared across her face, one meant to mock Alaska's honor and Justin's unknown whereabouts.

The majority of the fellow athletes she had met at the rink were pleasant, but just as it was back in Montana, there was bound to be someone who would wish nothing but ruin on her, only as she looked at the wicked girl pass her by, she wasn't sure who had wished havoc upon her more, the one she was competing against, or the one she was competing alongside.

"He's a good skater, but he's also damn good at letting people down" Alaska huffed as she painted a stiff, bitter smile across her face, before leaning her chin across her shoulder and connecting her gaze with her coach's, who gave her a heartfelt look in return, as though she herself was let down just as much.

Alaska looked down at her skates as she clenched her jaw, feeling the fury churn within her body, hungry for nothing but destruction. There and then she knew, she couldn't handle it for long, so in a swift motion, she rotated her body, grabbed her skate guards and fled from the frosted rink of terror.

"Where are you going"?! Dasha shook her head as she stared at the furious girl tread her feet forward, before pausing in her spot and connecting her gaze with the famed coach for the last time.

"These sharp blades aren't just good for skating" Alaska remarked assertively, the raging sea of fury threatening to burst out of her each and every moment of significance.

The red headed woman looked at her student with great concern. The dominant anger from her eyes mirrored the terrified child within, the girl who was taught to confront head on and charge whenever possible to get what she wanted, even though it didn't take an expert to realize that she yearned for nothing but tenderness and acceptance. Dasha could sense the pain beneath Alaska's soul and demeanor, but she knew not much could be done, so she let her go, and prayed both her students would return to her in one piece.

━━━━━

The brunette marched through the lodge with might, her fists clenched at her sides with vigor as shallow breathes escaped out of her mouth, indicating of the desolation storming within her that refused to dissipate. There was an icy glare stuck to her face, one that frightened each passerby as they wondered to themselves where the girl dressed in a fitting leotard and with blades attached to her feet was heading, and who would be the one to pay the price of her fury.

It didn't take long until she was hammering on the blond's door, each thud growing stronger than the last, as though any moment now she would brace her leg against the door and burst right through it.

"What the fuck"? Justin murmured as he opened the door, his eyes landing on the girl with an exhausted eyebrow raise and an open mouth of astoundment, as though he hadn't anticipated the newcomer to go to the great lengths she did and track him down.