T w e n t y - O n e

━━━━━

Secrets Cause Havoc

━━━━━

The once desolate arena bustled with life as individuals gathered on the stands to cheer for those who ventured on the isolating ice bellow. Alaska stood tall, charged with rightful self assurance. It was nothing but a simple show, meant to showcase the best of talents in the arena, there was no reason to fret, yet it was still important, for it was time for the duo to show everyone what they were capable of, to set a bar for the upcoming competition season.

"So remember" Dasha, the favorable coach began as a row of younger skaters marched between the duo after another successful boast "Tango is supposed to be sexy, not stressful. No one wants to watch stressful tango, especially at this silly ice show" She waved her palm around, darting her gaze between the two athletes "When you have fun, they have fun. Yeah"? She summarized her biggest concern, before sauntering away, not letting either Justin or Alaska argue back, or release a comedic comment as they often found themselves doing.

"Hear this, Blondie? Time to show em' what we're worth" Alaska nudged Justin's side with her elbow, her demeanor hardly matching the elegant attire that hugged her from all sides, the one bedazzled with gems that spoke of the oceans beyond.

"After you" Justin motioned his hand forward, gifting his partner a warm glance, as they took the necessary steps towards the arena, their turn approaching them at impeccable speed.

"Let's welcome to the ice Alaska Myers and Justin Davis"! The presenter declared through the speakers as the loud sound of cheers roared through the mighty rink, the gatherers on the stands observing the pair as they ambled onto the ice, moving into the precise positions they had memorized so well.

In that moment, Alaska secluded herself from the entire arena, focusing on nothing but her partner, who did just the same in his mind. They had the same goal, Alaska and Justin, and as the melody set foot in their ears, they leaped into their routine with much vitality, not giving a care into what anybody else thought, for in those moments they were immersed in their own reverie.

It had awfully reminded Alaska of the previous day, their dance in the parking lot, as though it was nothing but a way to let life go, to have fun, to be in each other's company. The duo had something no one else could compare to, not even Leah and Gabe, who served a show that carved in everyone's memory. They had a powerful bond, and everyone's eyes locked on them at once as they covered the ground of the ice element after element.

Little did the duo know, that while they were skating gracefully across the glacial surface alongside a breeze that cooled their entire lungs, things were heating up in the outskirts of the arena.

"They're doing so well"! Kat applauded as the pair landed another intimidating set of jumps, the effort of it all going unnoticed to anyone but the athletes who went through it each day, who had become the masters of masking their pain and exertion.

"Yes! I feel like a proud mother right now" Jenn joined her palms together and rested them across her lips, all so she could convey more luck to the two.

"Guess the Davis method really works" Leah, the tiresome brunette stated as she stood besides the duo and scoured the performing skaters as though she was a hawk and they were her pray.