T w e n t y

━━━━━

Calm Before The Storm

━━━━━

The pair outreached towards each other, their hands interlocking at once. Alaska whirled under Justin's hold, leaning into his touch as he rested both his palms over her waist, the two sailing across the arena exquisitely, their souls conforming into one.

The duo waited for a moment, fixating on nothing but each other's breathes, as they gained momentum, before the blond, at long last, boosted his partner and let go. Alaska conveyed her weight and maintained her dreamy posture, spinning in the air at miraculous speed. She landed on her foot, completing the leap, and spread her arms out alongside her partner according to their program.

No longer did Alaska and Justin receive the concerned or judgmental looks of others in the rink, those that wondered to themselves how a pair so poisonous could ever flourish, those who doubted their potential together. Everyone's mouths hung open as the delighted pair finished their routine, earning the loud applause of their trainer, who found herself prancing in her place from excitement. Dasha knew it would work out, but she surely didn't think it would happen that soon, not after all of the bickering she witnessed from the two, all the shrouded emotions that loomed over the arena when they skated, that seemed to have completely vaporized.

"Oчень хорошо! Very well. Fantastic work. Keep this up, and you'll be on the podium in sectionals" Dasha clasped her hands together, her words spreading joy within the two skaters, who immediately high-fived each other in success, sharing the glorious grin of pride.

"Heard that, Labe, better watch your asses"! Alaska yelled over to their competition, Leah and Gabe, a powerful couple, no doubt, who had their arms crossed unhappily, gifting her a glare back, while Justin tried to apologies for his words to Gabe with a gaze, for they were friends, but nonetheless, still found himself siding with his partner, for it was weeks of Leah tormenting the two for not being as good as her, and though Leah was right at the time, they already knew that, and she kept pouring salt over their wounds, Gabe not doing anything to teach her the manners of being a good sport.

Alaska looked back at Justin with pride, her soul carefree of troubles for the first time in a while, life finally beginning to make sense, getting better to the point it once was at. To add on top of the triumph of it all, a loud cheer erupted in the arena, one that surely grabbed everyone's attention, for it came from the soundless girl most only recognized as the one who continuously failed her jumps, only no longer was Kat known for that, for right there, she landed her triple jump for the first time after her injury, no longer bearing the title of the failure she felt as. Even if it was with a harness, it didn't stop her from embracing her trainer in a hug, an action she didn't find herself giving away for free.

"Kat, you fucking did it"! Alaska cheered as she rested her palm across her friend's back. Kat's lips were formed in a grin Alaska would never thought she would see. It was one of eternal happiness, of dreams becoming true, one that had she looked at the mirror, Alaska would notice she shared, for her own reasons.

"Yeah"! Kat nodded her head astoundingly, hardly able to believe it herself "All thanks to your mom" She appointed all of the attention to Charlotte, who stood further away from the two, letting them bask in the moment of joy on their own.

"Oh no, it was all you" Charlotte shook her head timidly. Normally, she was one to take pride in her work and never stammer on her thoughts, but with Alaska around, she found herself securing, for she feared her daughter's reaction, and didn't want to upset her "You just needed someone to cheer you on".