My Last Romance

...When will you ever know,
It was yours to keep?

~

"Have you heard?"

A villager passing by asked her companion.

"No. What?" The other woman beside her asked, curious of what her friend was talking about.

"That Uchiha Sasuke is returning to Konoha tomorrow."

Instantly, upon hearing this, Sakura frowned.

So, he finally decided to return, huh?

She then grabbed her purchased items from the counter as soon as she paid and walked home to her apartment.

After she placed the grocery bags on her table, she immediately went to the shower to clear her thoughts.

He is coming home..

Three years.

Three painful years of his absence, was clearly enough for the kunoichi.

She loves him, yes. But deep down inside, she couldn't find any reason to chase after him again, like she used to do.

He tried to kill her. Thrice actually; Once by means of his Kusanagi, once by his Chidori and once by a kunai at her throat.

All those times, nearly succeeded.

If it weren't for Naruto and her other teammates, she'd be six feet under by now.. And to think that Sasuke was one of her saviors back then, was just heart-breaking.

He used to protect her.

He used to acknowledge her..

..but not anymore, that is.

After getting dressed she then sat on her bed and sighed. It was still 5:00 in the afternoon. Fortunately, today is her day-off from the hospital. And so, she decided to take a nap to calm her body from any kind of stress she was feeling at the moment.

It was all black.

Nothing but a sheet of endless darkness surrounded her very being. "Hello?" She tried to call out, as loud as her lungs could allow her to.

But no response.

Suddenly, there was a blurred figure in front of her. She blinked twice and finally made the figure out.

"S-Sasuke-kun?"

Sasuke just stood there. Emotionless as ever and stared blankly at her.

"Sasuke-kun, what are you doing here?"

No response.

"Sasuke --Hey wait! Where are you going? Come back, come back!"

She ran. She cried. She begged..

But Sasuke soon faded as the wind carried him away. The pinkette bursted to tears.

"P-Please.. come back to me.."

Sakura then woke up, panting for much needed air. She sat up and placed a hand on her chest. Feeling her fast heartbeat as she did.

"S-Sasuke-kun.."

Tears rolled down her pale face as she whispered his name.

Truthfully, she didn't want to be like this. She didn't want to literally lose her insanity because of a man like him. But, there was no warning..

She fell in love.

But even so, she knows that she needs to let go of her childish dreams sooner or later..

Unconsciously, she looked out the window. Gazing at the bright cresent moon up in the starry night sky.

"Oh, Sasuke.."

And so, the medic-nin continued gazing, and miserably failed to notice a pair of dark obsidian orbs watching her from a distance.

Waiting..

~