Another Year

School sucks. The only thing that keeps me in going to school is my allowance and the company AND freedom in school.

"Iris! Get your ass down here already!"

"Yup! Coming Brandon!" Brandon is my brother. Well, my not-related-by-blood brother but we tell people we are cousins though.

Actually he is the only one in this house who treats me as.... a visible being. My so called parents does not give a damn about my life.

No matter how hard I try to let them notice me, to be the best 'adopted' daughter, my best isn't just good enough. Brandon and I are close. We watch each other's back.

The people in school doesn't know he's my brother though. We have different surnames yeah and we have nothing in common. In terms of physical appearance, that is. But in terms of attitudes, well, you name it, we both got it. Being stubborn, jolly. We even have the same hobby.... pranking.

"Iris! I swear!"

"Present!" I said as I reached the living room.

"Okay. Let's get going. Mom! We are going to launch!" Brandon said. We also have this hobby of renaming things, people and verbs.

Cathy my "mother" came to the room and talked to Brandon.

"Be careful. We are so proud of you for last summer. Love you." She said then turned to me. Her eyes became cold.

"Stay out of trouble. If you mess up-"

"Okay! We gotta go, as in now! Bye!" Brandon said while grabbing my hands. Shucks! Save by the B!

"Okay. That was nice of my mom but cheer up! First day of our will-be-awesome senior year! Happy first day!" Brandon said while walking towards our red Volvo. Me on the other hand is walking towards Haven, my motorcycle. Bran prefers 4 wheels but I prefer 2.

I laughed at Brandon's speech. Another thing about Brandon, he is pro- sarcasm. I sighed. Another year to survive.