What to do?

"What is it about?" I asked

Amanda took a deep breath and launched her tale.

"They are sending some. They've come to look and take us. And by us I mean the two of us. They must have sensed us. Iris you're getting stronger. Stronger than an average adult Witch. So am I. You know I am a descendant of a powerful Pure family. Then there's two of us in one place. I don't know who they will send which doubles the dangers for us. What are we gonna do?" Amanda said nervously.

We are sitting on the steps above the ramp which is made for the Skateboarders. The louder and chaotic the place is, the lesser possibility of being overheard.

We are not afraid of being overheard by students seeing as they won't know and understand what we are talking about. What we are afraid of is being eavesdropped by a werewolf. Yes, werewolf. Amanda and I are witches. There are 2 kinds of witches: the Immortals and the Living.

The Immortals are those who chose to be immortal at the age of 21. Usually they are those who mated with immortal witches or humans whom they turned to immortal. They can't change a human by force though. The person they want to turn should wish to be turned by his or her own will. Immortals can be killed by staking them with a stake made of a wood, any type of wood would do as long as it is a century old, through the heart or by burning them.

The Living are those who chose to be mortals when they reached the age. They are those who mated with humans and did not tell their mates of what they are.

Both kinds are obliged to attend the Meeting every first and last day of the month. Witches are hated by Weres (werewolves) because of God knows why. Though sometimes we witches kill Weres but its self-defense! But sometimes, witches, not all but some, hunt down Weres for their blood. Yes blood. Some witches who are greedy of power, drink werewolf blood for strength and power.

A werewolf blood heightens a witch's abilities. Both magic and senses. We already put a stop on these witches' act and made peace with the Weres but they only answered our peace-making session by killing some of our elders. Well, you can't expect us to let it slip just like that, so.... well, I guess you know what happened. All hell broke loose. Some elders were captured for some reason we don't know but we are suspecting that it has something to do with magic and... well, we really don't know. Amanda's mom and dad are witches so that means she is a Pure.

Pures are offsprings of a witch and a witch, there are only a few of them and they are known to be the most powerful in our kind.

Halves are children of a witch and a human and lastly are the Quarters.

They are those who are the result of a Half and a human. There are only a few quarters who get to nurture their gifts but those who don't get to know their gifts are essential for the witch population because they are good in weapon making.

Amanda is a Pure. I attend meetings but I don't know where I belong. Pure, Half or Quarter because I haven't heared of a being like mine before.

This is my deepest secret. No one, not even Amanda knows. I am half witch and half Were and I also have a bit of vampire blood. I don't fit in any of those. Blood of three enemies are running within my veins. I am A Different Being.