Red Ribbons

When Steve woke up the next morning in a strange way. It was as if instead of waking up, he was lost in thought and just now snapped back to reality. His eyes were already open, and he was sitting on his bed. His posture was terrible, almost as if he was exhausted despite not feeling tired. He figured that it was just a comfortable position for the demon creature in his head.

""Herobrine?""

""Shhhh... I'm thinking.""

""About?""

""Shhhh!""

""Right, sor-"" Steve stopped himself, not wanting to be shushed again. He could only sit and wait. Then he realized that oh yeah, that's his body. Steve stood up and went to the kitchen, making scrambled eggs and an omelette.

""Could we go to the river after you eat? Before I started using you as a host, I didn't get to see water often. My people... it hurts them."" He sighed softly.

""Your people? You're an enderman, or possibly a blaze?""

""I'm sort of an enderman."

""Well alright.""

""You're... not going to ask what sort of means?""

""If you wanted me to know, you would've told me.""

Herobrine didn't have anything to say about that. I mean, he didn't have anything to say that felt natural. He remained quiet, watching Alex sleepily walk out of her room. She was a fascinating creature, almost wild despite her sapience. He pitied her, knowing that if monsters where ever to be considered equal, she would likely become a murderer before she had a logical alternative to hunting them. She was born to kill, and that's what she needed to do. Steve loved her deeply, even calling her his sister at times despite being biological cousins, but he couldn't watch her kill things. She was brutal, and Herobrine had witnessed this brutality in another vessel. Whenever he saw Alex, he had memories of red ribbons on the green grass, fertilizing the soil, bringing forth life through the act of carnage.

""Take care of her, Steve. If you ever leave, have a traveling merchant send her a letter.""

""I'm not leaving.""

""Steve, that's not the point.""

""I know I just... I don't want to worry about her.""

""Avoiding your worries doesn't solve anything.""

Steve sighed. God, how he hated how right this netherspawn was. Why did he have to be so nice? If only he was like Alex. Then he wouldn't have a demonic entity in his head at the moment. He noticed his left hand move and pat himself on the shoulder. Oh that's just horrifying-

""I thought you needed comfort. Clearly I'm not very comforting though, considering your heart rate has increased significantly."" Herobrine said softly. Hah, whoops.

""Well yeah! My hand just moved and I didn't tell it too! That's not something I've exactly gotten used to!"" Steve responded kinda harshly.

""I'm sorry, Steve, I didn't mean to scare you.""

""It's fine... I didn't mean to lash out at you like that.""

""I know.""

Steve sighed and finished making breakfast, setting two plates down and waiting for Alex. He sighed and started eating without her. She'll be up soon. She'll sit with him and they'll have a nice conversation. Any minute now...

He waited and waited, but she didn't leave her room. She must've been up pretty late, having a hard time falling asleep or something. He stood up after finishing his eggs and knocked on the door, when he received no response he opened it slowly. He felt a rush of relieve when he saw her sleeping in her bed. She looked so peaceful. So completely and entirely calm. He smiled, knowing she'd be okay, and he headed outside.