It's Funny

Because all my fans stan Montgomery and my biggest fan was genuinely sad for 0.5 seconds about the coat, we'll check up on him and Charles. Just for you boo.

AhEm

"What is it like?" Monty asked before thinking, he'd moved from his original place and dangerously closer to the water, but he was bold, and feared nothing! Well except maybe rain, rain is dreadful.
"W-what's what like?" Charles mumbled quietly, fiddling with a shiny rock that had a sort of importance to it. I mean it was still just a rock, just one with sentimental value, almost like a pet. He didn't judge him in the slightest, after all, he collected blocks of dirt.

Monty couldn't help but pause, realizing just how sensitive the question might be to Charles. He was a good man. I mean heck, Monty probably would've left by now if he wasn't so charming. So quaint. So polite. Why, if he didn't know better he'd-

"Monty?"

"To be burned by something so common as our own sun? Does it pain you, mentally, I mean?"

"Does... does it bother you that you can't touch water?"

"Well I- I've never been able to touch it of my own accord, it hurts, and it burns severely, like a fire you can't put out which- is rather ironic... and though I've never been able to miss the peaceful feeling it brings others, I do wish, even if only once, that I might be able to wade at the very least, a hand. Fish are such majestic creatures, with their scales that shine like the stars on the clearest of nights, and to pet one would be an indescribable peace. At least, in my dreams it is."

Charles nodded and looked up at the sunlight just barely peaking through the tree leaves.

"Yes... yes it's pains me. I miss the sun. I... I miss the sun a lot sometimes. The warmth of it... I didn't know just how lovely that was until... I didn't have it anymore."

"Do you wish to talk about it?"

"It's- well it's a funny story you see I-"

"I don't think death could ever humor me-"

"It's funny, I swear!"

"I... I suppose I could listen."

"Well I- I was kicked out of my village and... and well I decided to travel to the one just nearby, the one you can see the light of at night, hoping they'd accept me... but... just when it was within reach I-"

Charles gently placed a hand on his throat. That- well it was clearly where he was bitten to put it lightly.
"It's funny because I was only a few steps to a new life..." he practically had to pry the words from his throat, they were just that hard to say.

Well I'll leave that at that. Let's finally get back to our main character,
Alex.

I'M KIDDING IT'S STEVE I PROMISE.

It's

""Steve...""

""Yeah?""

""You seem distant, unfocused. Are you alright?""

""Yeah I just- how bad is he?""

""The king?""

""Yes...""

""Well, he killed my mother so y'know not great-""

""O-oh- what- did she do?""

""She kept a secret she probably shouldn't have.""

""And... what was that?""

""Me.""

There was a silence... for them not me, I'm jamming, funnily enough, to The Sound of Silence.