Calm and Be Delighted

Monty watched the two for a moment, before tying the wrapping on his chest into a neat little bow and gently bringing himself to stand. He contemplated untying all the wrappings to make them bows but alas, he'd probably accidentally unravel them. He looked at the fur coat he'd neatly folded and set down so Charles could help him better... God it was a mess. Tattered and stained. Tragic... that was the finest coat he'd ever worn... he sighed sadly and picked up the garment. He couldn't just leave it their to perish. It shared some of his best moments with him... oh- and because that's littering. He gently put it on. He could fix it! Maybe! Perhaps a witch could help or something...

"Are- you crying?"

OH- tiny drowned man is speaking.

"Yes, indeed I am. This coat was my greatest companion and closest friend. She knew all of my secrets."

Steve and Charles just kinda... stared at him. HE'S NOT CRAZY HE JUST LIKE'S FUZZY GARMENTS I SWEAR-

"I could uh- I could fix it." Steve spoke up after a moment.
"You- you COULD?" Monty chirped in sheer hom- I mean heterosexual joy. He's not gay- you're gay! That's okay by the way, if you are. You're an amazing person either way, no matter what. Your existence is something good, and if it's not, you can make it something good. I believe in you.

ANYWAYS-

"Yeah- I- I'm by no means a professional, not even CLOSE- but I can kinda sew." Steve smiled. I'd say Monty's eyes were watering but like I'm pretty sure no part of his body is water and that liquid looks nothing like human tears so imma just say he's really happy. Monty teleported in front of them. Charles jumped so hard he fell over but Steve was expecting it and kinda- pitied Charles more than he pitied himself for 0.2 seconds before helping him up. Rip twice poor man.

Monty took off his coat and Steve put it in his inventory. Yeet yeet he's obtained the coat of questionable orientation! Steve remembered he wasn't alone in his room at the moment like he usually is when he does his victory pose and quietly stopped and pretended that never happened, and was glad no one else mentioned i-

"He does this a lot I swear-"

Oh thanks Brine that's great.

"WELL HAH GUESS I GOTTA GO HOME BEFORE MY COUSIN GOES ON A CRUSADE TO FIND ME HAH BYE-" Steve swiftly sprinted home, barley hearing the feeble "Bye Steve-" from Charles.

Steve stumbled home a-

"HEY ALEX-"

"YEAH?"

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

"OH? OH THIS IS A SHE-SHED. OF DEATH."

"NEAT."

"WHERE WERE YOU?"

"SCREWING AROUND WITH STICKS."

"NEAT."

"... WELL OKAY I LOVE YOU-"

"I LOVE YOU TOO-"

-nd into the house, to go to his room. He took the coat out of his inventory. Huh... so that's the color of their blood... I mean it's what he'd expected, but still neat to confirm...

Poor Montgomery...

Well anyways, he can wash that out with the water bucket he keeps for his flowers... yeah!

Hmm... you probably wouldn't want the details of Steve cleaning a coat. So, what should I do to pass time... oh! We could visit a character we rarely do! Let's go with Monika. She's the least talked about, isn't she? Well, she's at home at the moment with what I can only describe as her adopted son. Surprised because you didn't know she had one? Don't worry, no one does. His name is Corduroy, and he lives in the closet. I swear he's actually one of the heterosexual characters, it's a pure coincidence that he lives in a closet.

Monika was harvesting and replanting wheat as Corduroy kinda frolicked about in the little fenced yard she worked in. He especially liked hanging around the flowers, as he enjoyed watching the bees they kept collect pollen. He thought they were adorable. Honestly you can't blame him either, they really are. She watched him and smiled softly. She moved this far out from the village for him, he could be outside more often. I mean, she wished she could say he was harmless, but he could get startled very easily and- well he got rather- explosive when he was scared. You see, he's a creeper. Clearly, I mean what other excuse would you have to hide a kid in your closet other than him being a literal bomb. Can't exactly take him places.

"Corduroy the sheep is escapin' again-" she gasped quietly, but loud enough for him to hear. As not to frighten the sheep, or him. Corduroy jumped a little and noticed the sheep climbing the ladder up to the tree. No matter how high the fences were, no matter how hard they tried to keep a dang SHEEP from learning to climb a ladder, Baaanson the black sheep still managed to escape. Often.

Corduroy shuffled to the chest they kept the wheat in and desperately tried to wave it around with a stubby little leg and catch the sheep's attention.
"Baaanson please don't go- you have a wife and a son, and I have wheat. Think about Baathany- think about Sheepard!" He begged with all his being and stared up at the tree with the saddest look on his face.

Y'know it's been a few years now but she still can't get over the names he gave all the animals. All because she named one pig, suddenly every animal needed a name, and honestly, no complaints. It was amazing.

"You've given me no choice..." He said in what he believed was a menacing tone, and got the one lead he kept in his inventory out, ever seen a creeper try to lasso a sheep in a tree? It's a magical sight lemme just say- well anyways he got it right attempt two and tied the lead to a fence post.
"Now you can't escape, Mister! So there is no point in trying! When you're done with your- uh- lollygagging! Come down from that there tree." He huffed. Baaanson made a little innocent maaaah sound and Corduroy brash and briskly turned and sashayed away with a scowl, back to his flower patch. He sat there for a moment in defiance, and then began rolling around in pure bliss. Gods, did she love that kid.

She went inside and crafted bread, quietly humming and she made a sandwich with said bread and cut it in half. She peaked out the window.
"Roy, do you wan' yer half now or la'er?" She called gently.

"Now please-" he scrambled to his feet and went to the door, opening it with his chin and excitedly waiting. She smiled and handed it to him before taking off her hat and tucking her short, frizzy blonde hair behind her ears and sitting down to eat her half of the sandwich. Roy paused for a moment just to make a quick comment
"Y'know, I feed him, I gave him friends, I take him on walks, and I love him with all my heart, but he still wants some perceived 'freedom' he thinks he doesn't have... I... I wish I knew how to react to that..." he sighed before sadly munching on his sandwich. Monika almost choked. Almost. It's almost as if hE KNOWS WHAT HE'S SAYING- I mean he doesn't but God did that make her feel guilty. I mean, she let him out at night sometimes but- was he free? Was he ever free? Could he ever be? The world was a cage, this house was a cage, and by the gods themselves, his own body was a cage. She'd do anything to give him a life he deserves, but what could she do but pray nobody killed him? Pray that he didn't accidentally kill someone...

"Mon?" He asked for her quietly. Oh he said something wrong didn't he...

but she smiled at him.

"I love you. So much it hurts."