Perfect

Just fluff, really.

"Models are so pretty," I say as I stare breathlessly at the web page of 'asymmetrical hemmed dresses'

"What are we doing again?" Evelyn asks dubiously.

"Uauh look at her perfect tan arms crossed like that, and her curved hips, and OH MY GOD! Just LOOK at her collarbone! Just let her smooth, jutting out collarbone grace your eyes.. Uaaaaah! Look at that line! In her boobs..."

"Um.."

"Look at her shoulders.. and legs.. oh my god.. Look at her face! Look at that deep V neck... thing.. and her pose.... And she's wearing red.. oh jesus... and her skin is a perfect shade.. oh crap... AHH... and she's wearing yellow... uoaghh.. no one can wear yellow and pull it off.."

"So many people can!"

"Oh my gosh.. look at her face.. her perfect, dainty face.. She looks so delicate.. and gentle.. And she's wearing a navy dress! And you can't see her face... but you can see her lips, and that darker shade of lip stick.."

"Oh god- calm down.."

"Look at her legs... why the fuck are they all wearing heels... oh well.. it's working for them... SHE'S GOT HER HANDS IN HER POCKETS... oh my god.. what sort of dress has pockets.. I guess the one that she's rocking.."

"Did you really just say that?"

"Look at that smug face! She knows she's got me enchanted... and she's got dimples.. oh my goaughh... d. Look at that haircut! She looks like she could run for president... and she's pulling it off cos she's got a really long kneck.. that's kinda weird actually."

"Stop flicking through them so fast! You'll get hot model lady whiplash!"

"Huauauahghhgh oh my GOD! Her neck's so bony! Eat something, lady! Oof, and she's tan.. look at her hair, and the way it curls down to her shoulders like that.. And she's got broad shoulders, and she's got great curves, and SHE'S WEARING FUCKING PINK and it looks great! And she's got smooth pale legs, and she's got her hair in a bun.. oh.. my voice in wavering.. And she's got curved, tan, shoulders, and a green dress, and she's got- why is she fucking pregnant? Is it a maternity dress? Cos it doesn't look it.. a little random.. anyway, She's got a tattoo on her forearm.. and only cool people have tattoos,"

"I want a tattoo.."

"And she's wearing a dress with two shades! And look at her perfect black hair.. and the waves in it.. And she's wearing light pink... with great eyebrows.. she's so gorgeous.."

"I'm pretty sure you know what an asymmetrical hemmed dress is now." Evelyn says, closing my laptop. I sigh, and let myself fall backwards on to the bed. I stare up at her, in all her glory.. Looking at her, and only her, I say:

"And she's wearing a zipped open red jacket, over her white t shirt, with her cuffed ripped jeans," Evelyn's eyebrows shoot up in surprise, and then back down in reflex.

"I can see her tan ankles, and her white socks. Her hands have long fingers, with perfect short nails that she's so self-conscious about, but.. I think they look great, like everything about her, but she'd beg to differ." I sit up, staring at her surprised, blushing face.

"She thinks she's ugly, but I disagree. I think she's perfect, I think she's gorgeous. Her steep nose is adorable, she's got matching eyebrows, and a strong jawline. Her face shape is perfect, her kindness is impossible to disagree about, and if she would have me, I'd like to take to for ice cream next Saturday." I smile earnestly, before getting up off the bed and starting to leave the room. I can picture her face drowning in blush as I leave.

I start to open the door, as I feel a hand on my waist, and I see her blushing face as it kisses mine. I feel my eyes close as my world melts in her arms.