Change

Purely fluff. Except more sad.

We've been friends for ages. About three years, and as I've got to know her better, I've learnt that I'm gay. Strange- that? I wish I hadn't fallen for her, as she's straight, but I mean- I never got a choice. I wish I didn't spend so much time in my head. I've always wished that she was gay- no. I've always wished that she liked me. Sometimes I think I can see something different in her eyes, but at night when I can do nothing but think I realize it must've been a trick of the light.

I feel so trapped in a mindset I wish I didn't have. I wish the crush would fade, but it's been two years, and my feelings have only blossomed. I've stood there, helping her along with her crushes, and she's asked me about mine but I only push her away.

It feels hopeless, trying to nurture my feelings for so long. I wish I could push her eyes away. They haunt my dreams and when I wake I only think of her. She's gorgeous, and feels so far away. I would never tell her my little secret. She's so kind to me, and I always try to give back. She's an incredible person I want the best for her. If what she wants hurts me then so be it. I would stand back and watch her grow if it makes her happy. I'd stand at her wedding with a man right in front of her and still clap and cheer. As long as she's happy I'm okay. I know she's straight. I know things won't change.