#3# a day at the beach

After dinner, we were ushered from the dining room to the living room, and everyone took their seats. Hugh, Fiona and I were offered places on the lounge, but we politely refused, and sat together on the floor. I didn't know what was happening, and told Emma as such.

"Horace, as well as dreaming of the future, can project them. It's quite like a film, and we watch his dreams most nights." She explained to me. After learning this, I turned to look behind me at Horace. He was seated at the back of the room, in an armchair that looked Giant compared to the small boy. He was fixing a strange monecule to his eye, and smiled when he seen me watching him.

Soon the lights were turned out, and Horace's dream were projected onto the wall. Emma leaned down and whispered in my ear, "this is what he dreamed last night."

I nodded at turned my attention to the images in front of me.

The first few scenes were about clothes, which didn't suprise me, as the boy was wearing a full suit just to wander around the house.

The next dream however, was a bit more interesting.

Adelaide sat, at around 16. She had her back against the door and was sobbing. You could hear people knocking on the door, trying to comfort the girl. After a while of Adelaide ignoring them, the people faded away. A few minutes later, a single knock sounded at the door.

"Adelaide. It's Emma and Fiona." A smooth voice, Emma's voice sounded from the other side of the door. Adelaide slowly stood, and composed herself as much as possible, before opening the door.

Two girls in their late teens rushed in, locking the door behind them. One was a spitting image of Emma, just older, with shorter blonde curls, and deep brown eyes. Fiona stood, silently as always. Her hair was a nest, and her dark eyes were full of unshed tears. Adelaide collapsed into her friends embrace, and started sobbing again.

"I miss him so much." The upset girl sobbed in to Fiona's shoulder. The girls comforted her, both now had silent tears running down their faces.

I looked at Emma and Fiona, who looked just us uncomfortable as I felt. Luckily the dream changed. Or so I thought

The screen was pitch black. A voice, with a thick Irish accent was frantically screaming. A few more voices joined the screaming. Hugh, Emma, everyone in the house. All but Adelaide. The wordless screams turned into sentences, all begging to find a girl. The one that was missing.

Finally. The girl answered with a scream of her own. Hers was terrified, and full of pain. She was hurt. The group started screaming more.

Finally. The shouts ended, and sobbs broke out. You could hear the Irish voice, desperately trying to breath slower. Hughs voice tried to calm her, though you could hear him crying quietly as well. As soon as it had started. It was over. The sobs cut out, and light flooded the image, of the whole house hold playing outside in the garden. Another two people, unfamiliar faces, played with them. The scene was slightly yellowed, like an old photograph, creating the illusion of a memory. Though it hadn't happened.

The dream ended, and Miss Peregrine turned the lights on. Everyone stayed quite and turned to Hugh, Fiona and I.

"Miss Frauenfeld, what nationality are you?" Miss Peregrine asked my best friend. Fiona opened her mouth to speak, but it fell closed again, and she cast me a pleading look.

"Fiona is from Ireland." I answered for my best friend. Miss Peregrine nodded, acknowledging that it was most likely Fiona screaming in the dream.

"Miss Peregrine. What happened? In the dream?" Olive asked her Ymbryne, obviously upset.