#6# the cave

*****

Third person POV

*****

Both Emma and Abe jumped, turning to face their friends.

Victor looked surprised, but smirked a little, and Adelaide couldn't keep the grin from her face.

"What brings you two outside so late?" Adelaide blinked innocently, but Emma sent her friend a glare at her suggestive tone.

"I could ask you the same thing." Emma snapped, Causing Adelaide to shrink back and blush.

"Adelaide had a nightmare. We were just talking." Victor supplied, crossing his fingers behind his back.

"I couldn't sleep. Asked Emma to walk with me." Abe shrugged, and Emma nodded in agreement.

The two boys watched as the girls glared at each other, obviously not believing the others excuse.

"You two looked pretty close." Adelaide yawned, tearing her eyes from her friends intense glare.

Emma scoffed. "So you say." The blonde looked pointedly at Victor and Adelaide's hands, still firmly in the others grasp.

"Really-" Adelaide started, before being cut off by a hiss from behind a tree a dozen of so metres away.

"Shush." A familiar voice growled from behind a clump of bushes.

"Hugh?" Adelaide blinked in surprise, recognising her brothers voice before walking towards it, Her friends in tow.

The boy sat against a tree, Fiona curled into him, asleep. The dark haired girl had tear stains on her cheeks, and stirred uncomfortably while Hugh soothed her, circling his hand on her back.

"What are you doing?" Adelaide asked her twin, receiving a glare in regards to her loud voice.

"Fee had a nightmare. We came out here and she fell back asleep." Hugh explained quietly.

"How long-" Emma started, but they were cut off by Fiona suddenly sitting up.

The girl blinked tiredly at the five people looking at her, before collapsing back into Hugh's arms, though turning to face her friends.

"What are you lot doing out here anyway?" Hugh frowned.

Emma and Adelaide's faces flushed a deep red, visible in the bright moonlight and Abe and Victor coughed nervously, scuffing their feet in the dirt.

"Fine. Don't tell me." Hugh rolled his eyes.

Victor sat down, patting the grass next to him, motioning for Adelaide to sit there. She did just so, as Abe and Emma did the same.

As the small group started conversing, Adelaide and Fiona both started drifting to sleep. The latter fell back into Hugh's arms, breathing gently, and Adelaide's head dropped, resting on Victor's shoulder, where she proceeded to let out quiet, soft snores, a bee flying out of her mouth every few breaths.

After about half an hour, Emma and Victor fell asleep too, leaving just Abe and Hugh talking until both fell asleep at around 11:30 pm.

Hugh's bees joined his sister's, and Abes arms were wrapped around Emma's small frame. Complete darkness covered the group and they slept through the night.

*****

Time skip brought to you by four times I've read Harry Potter.

*****

Adelaide POV

*****

"Addie. Adelaide. Wake up Addie."