#4# Asthma

After that dinner, Adelaide had ran straight to her room, dragging Emma and Fiona with her.

"Adelaide calm down. What ever is the matter?" Emma gasped when they were in Adelaide and Fiona's room, and Adelaide had released their wrists.

"I don't know." Adelaide moaned, falling on her bed. "It's something about Victor. He touched my hand and I got all jittery. I want to be near him and I just-"

"Ooh- ooh. Adelaides got a crush on Victor." Emma giggled.

"A what?" The auburn haired girl scrunched up her face in thought, wracking her brains for any clue to what the word ment.

"A crush. A feeling you develop when you like someone more than a friend. Like Fiona and Hugh. Hugh probably had a crush on Fiona, then it developed into deeper feelings over time." Emma explained, causing Adelaide's face to turn shocked.

Fiona chucked at her expression on sat next to her best friend.

"Girls!" Charlotte laughed as she burst into the room.

Fiona jumped in fright, and Adelaide raised an eyebrow at the girl.

To say that Charlotte and Adelaide hated each other would be an understatement. The pair, in the four months of knowing each other, had somehow grown to despise each other with passion. No one knew why, but they did. No one else had a problem with either of them, and both girls were quite charismatic and kind. Some times they would get in stupid arguments over nothing (usually because Adelaide was a little bit dramatic.)

Charlotte said she thought the twins peculiarity was weird, Adelaide stepped on her toe-hard- and walked away.

Charlotte said that Hugh's goggles were odd. Adelaide said some not very nice things to her in return, resulting in Adelaide having to do Charlottes chores for a week.

Charlotte tipped water on Emma as a prank. Adelaide may or may not have given her bee stings in her sleep.

And so it went. So when Charlotte ran into her room, and announced that she was in love with Victor, Adelaide almost punched the dark hair girl.

"Addie?" Emma warily stepped towards the girl when Charlotte had left. If looks could kill, Charlotte Smith would be in a body bag.

"What." Adelaide hissed at the blonde.

"You okay?"

"No."

"Why?"

Adelaide broke down and started crying quietly. "Because I like Victor more than a friend, but so does Charlotte. And he'll chose her because she's pretty and smart and went to school, and he knew her longer."

"You didn't go to school?" Emma asked.

Adelaide shook her head, her pale face glistening with tears, sticking her curls to the side of her face.

"No. Me and Hugh dropped out in grade two, so we could spend more time with Fee, and so Father didn't have to pay for it." Adelaide sniffed.

"Well. I prefer you over Charlotte. So does Fiona, and your brother, and Abe and Victor. And, I think that Victor likes you back." Emma winked at her friend.

"Really? Well," Adelaide giggled, and wipped her tears away. "What about you and Mister Portman?"

"Shh Addie. Who told you?" Emma scolded, and both Fiona and Adelaide started laughing with glee.

"What!" Emma cried, quickly growing frustrated.

"You talk about him in your sleep." Adelaide cackled.