#7# "your silly"

"What. The. Hell." 

As soon as the words passed her brothers lips, Adelaide felt her eyes narrow and her lips purse together.

"Hello Hugh." She hissed, feeling his glare pass over her head and meet Victor's nervous gaze.

"Would either of you like to inform me WHAT YOUR DOING?!" Hugh yelled suddenly, upset bees zipping around his head.

"What does it matter to you?" His sister rose an eyebrow as she and Victor climbed from the water.

"Your my sister Adelaide. It's my job to protect you." 

"Says who?" Adelaide scoffed.

"It just is!" The boy yelled, sending a small flock of seagulls to rise from a nearby rock.

"Well, that's dumb, also what are you protecting me from? Its Victor." Adelaide rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"To protect you from being hurt." Hugh emphasized the last word, causing Adelaide's temper to rise.

"Well, fine, if you don't like this, I don't like you being with Fiona." Adelaide shot at him, sending an apologetic glance at her best friend.

"What- that's a completely different situation." He spluttered.

"How?" Adelaide asked.

"It just is. Anyway, that's not what this conversation is about." The boy refocused on the source of his anger.

"No. This conversation is over." Adelaide snarkily cut him off, before turning around and pulling Victor into a quick, fierce kiss and striding from the water.

Both Hugh and Victor turned bright red, the latter from embarrassment and Hugh from pure rage. The twin glared at Victor and tore after his sister, who started making the walk back to the house.

*****

Time skip brought to you by the fact that it's 3am and I'm desperate to get this published within the next eight hours. So yeah.

*****

Once home, the six children quickly changed from their wet and dirty night wear, into dry, clean day clothes. Emma ran to Fiona and Adelaide's room once dressed, eager to hear about Adelaide and Victor's blooming relationship.

"What's the story?" The blonde asked the second the door was closed behind her.

(A/N: can I just say, I was so tempted to say 'spill the tea sis' but didn't. That takes strength)

While Adelaide rolled her eyes and groaned, Fiona simply cocked an eyebrow and sat on her bed, interested in her best friends love life.

"Okay," Adelaide sighed, turning to face the other two girls, both now sitting upon Fiona's place green bed sheet. "You know the day that Yous got me all dressed up for our lesson?"

Fiona and Emma nodded, recalling the recent memory. 

"Well. That night, when we were walking upstairs, we kissed." Adelaide couldn't help my grin a little when her friends started giggling and congratulating her. 

"So it was you and Victor snogging in the garden last night." Emma concluded through her giggling. "Abe and I thought it was Fiona a

and Hugh."

This sent Adelaide and Emma into a fit on laughs while Fiona turned bright red.

The girls only card down when Adelaide started to gasp for air. 

"Sorry. I'll come back when you NOT dying." A familiar voice spoke from the hallway.

"Hugh." Adelaide greeted cautiously. Hugh stepped into the room and smirked a little at his sister's somewhat hostile tone. He sat on Fiona's bed next to her, and she instantly curled into his side.

"Addie. Look, I talked to Victor about…. you and him." Hugh gulped uncomfortably.

Adelaide's mood perked up, and she tilted her head to the side, waiting for Hugh to continue.

"And I'm okay with your... relationship." The boy coughed.

"Hugh." Adelaide sat on Fiona's bedside table, her eye level now only and inch or so above her brothers.

"I want you to know that, whatever your thoughts on it, I like Victor and Victor likes me. Your not going to change that." This caused everyone in the room to crack a grin before the redhead continued. However, I am pleased that you approve." Adelaide's face crinkled into a smile and she pressed a quick peck against her brother's forehead and running from the room.

*****

Breakfast that morning was mostly uneventful.Hugh and Adelaide sat next to each with a somewhat normal attitude, Victor on the right side of Adelaide, the two divided by the net. Emma, Abe, Fiona and Hugh all took note of the adoration in the couples eyes when they looked at each other. The way Adelaide smiled at him like he had hung the moon and all the stars. The way Victor eyes widened slightly, concern painted on every feature, when Adelaide had a small coughing fit.

It amazed them to think they hadn't noticed this the previous few weeks, and how oblivious the rest of the children were to the couples affection. Miss Peregrine however, Emma noted, was looking over the pair, narrowing her eyes before allowing the subtlest smile to grace her lips.

"She knows." Emma whispered to Fiona from beside her. "The bird knows about Addie and Vic."

Fiona glanced up at the ymbryne, who had since let her lips grow into a full grin, and choked back a laugh.

*****

Adelaide's POV

*****

Victor had spent the last minute or so, bending his fork into obscure shapes. 

"Do mine next!" I cried, attempting to pass my cutlery through the net, before announcing the task 'impossible.'

I sighed and stood up, unhooking a small portion of the net. I pushed my arm through and handed Victor my fork.

I say back down and let out a small sigh of excitement when Victor made the first bend in the metal.

My exhale release a few dozen bees, who just flew around my head.

"Thats it!" Victors head snapped up to me, and I jumped slightly at his out burst.

"What's what?" I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.

"Your middle name! Bea, and your peculiarity is Bees. It's perfect." 

"Perfect for what?" I almost yelled, causing him to chuckle at my impatience.

"Perfect for a nickname. I'm gonna call you Bea." Victor grinned, and I couldn't help but smile with him.

"Your silly." I giggled, trying to my amusement by ducking my head.

"Your beautiful." He smirked, as my face burned red at the compliment.

I turned away, biting my lip to hide a smile.

*****

Hi lovelies!

Long time, no update to this story.

It's about a third of how much I usually write, but I'm kind struggling to balance my life at the moment.

This is a lie. I'm just lazy and wanted to update.

Anyway, hope you enjoy!

#letusbegremlins

😋-jazzie