#9# "I know that he agrees"

Dear Diary,

Today is the 16th of June, 1938. I realise it has been almost a year since I've written in this old book. I found it under my bed and decided to write in it again.

A lot has gone down in the past year. The world has since gone to war and the battle has slowly been making its was closer to us. The little ones are scared that we shall die, but I'm not worried. Bronwyn reminds us to pray each night and though we aren't all religious, we all do it. Hugh and I don't pray to God. We pray to Mama. We know that she's looking out for us and won't let us get hurt.

Emma and I made up. We are nowhere near as close as we used to be but we still get along remotely well. Abe and I have gotten closer as well.

Hugh and I received a letter two months ago. From our Father and stepmother. On the 27th of April, 1938, our half sister, Maria Lou Apiston passed away at age 5.

Father had made plans to visit us but cancelled when Maria passed. He told us that he plans on coming later this year, but I don't think he will. Hugh hasn't said anything but I know that he agrees with me.

On the 15th of May, Hugh and I turned 15. We didn't have a large celebration but it was still nice. I went to the cave with Victor and Hugh and Fiona celebrated together.

Life becomes harder every day and I long for my Mama. I wish that she hadn't died and that I was normal and I wish-

"ADDIE!"

"For the love of bird!" I yelled, slamming my diary shut. "Can I not get a second of peace-"

"ADELAIDE GET DOWN HERE NOW!"

Everybody's frantic shouts rung in my ears and I hurried down the stairs. When I reached the entry hall, I found everyone crowded around one of the front windows, trying to look outside.

"Whats going on?" I asked, making a few of them turn to me.

"Olive spotted someone outside, and since Miss Peregrine went to visit a loop, we don't know what to do. Victor's down at the beach and Millard just went to get him." Hugh explained. Suddenly, He turned to my, his face pale.

"Addie. Look."

Sensing the urgency in his voice, everyone else cleared a pathway up to the door. I peered our one of the windows, immediately spotting the woman who stood about twenty metres from the house. She glanced up from across the yard and I felt my breath catch in my throat.

I turned and ran the opposite direction, ignoring everyone that yelled at me to come back.

I made it to one of the largest trees in our yard, throwing myself down at the roots.

My chest was rapidly constricting, and my breaths become thin and loud.

I couldn't breathe, couldn't speak, couldn't think.

For when I looked out the window, to the person crossing the yard, I saw a familiar face. One that was constantly on my mind.

My mother's.

Hello crazy people!

It's jazzie, back from the dead.

This story has not been updated in MONTHS and I feel so bad about it.
Also, sorry about the short chapter, but I really wanted to update and this is all I had.

I had an idea for the story when I posted the last chapter, but now I can't remember it for the life of me.

I'm just winging it at this point. I don't know what to do with this story and it'll just develope as we go along.

Don't be a silent reader!

Do you think it's actually Adelaide and Hugh's mother?

Why was Miss Peregrine at a different loop?

What the hell is going on?

Tell me what you think, I love receiving comments from you guys!

Anyway,

#letusbegremlins

💓💓-jazzie