𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

Kylo was left alone after a nice coffee and an amazing slice of red velvet cake

Kylo was left alone after a nice coffee and an amazing slice of red velvet cake. He was still dumbfounded how good that cake was and how lusciously it melted in his mouth. 

The girl gave him what she called a phone for him to call her if there was an emergency and Jane also told him he could use her laptop to watch something on Netflix or whatever that meant.

The man decided to experiment the Netflix thing and grabbed the grey laptop from the desk. Sitting on the bed, back against the wall and legs scratched forward, Kylo set the laptop on his lap and opened it. 

But when he turned it on, it showed a screen to introduce... A password? The last time he saw Jane going around the laptop, it didn't show this. 

This was an emergency, yeah, definitely an emergency. 

From his jeans pockets, he took out the phone  and started at it for a while. He had no idea what the hell he was supposed to do. He wondered if Jane would feel just like that if he ever asked her to send him a hologram. 

After some roaming and touching on the screen, he managed to call Jane who would kill to see his face looking down at the phone, hearing her voice and expecting to see the image of her. 

Although, Jane wasn't too pleased when, in the middle of the class, she felt her phone buzzing on her jacket’s pocket. Seeing the teacher in a considerably acceptable distant from her, she accepted Kylo’s call, her head down and her long hair covering her face. 

“Kylo, what do you want? I’m in class." The whisper sounded angry. "I said only for emergencies and it hasn't been an hour since I left you."

"The password." That's all Kylo said, taking Jane aback, already imagining various scenarios where Kylo would be in trouble.

"What?" 

"You didn't give me the access code to your fancy computer."

In that moment Jane didn't know if she felt relieved that his call was for something as stupid as a laptop password, or dumb for not giving him the password in the first place.

"The password is fatnico7890654."

"That's an atypical password." 

"Well, I don't have time to discuss with you how I choose my passwords. I'll see you at lunch." 

The line was dead. Kylo shrugged and typed the password Jane told him while the girl let out a sigh of relief, seeing the teacher still far away from her, talking to some student. 

So while the Commander of the First Order was watching a show on Netflix called The Office that was surprisingly highly entertaining, Jane was having a morning full of boring classes like any other Monday. 

The episode 10 of the first season had just started when Jane erupted into the room, letting out a heavy sigh. 

"I'm so fucking done with Mr. Morrison." That was the first thing she said, letting her back hit the closed white door. 

"May I ask who Mr. Morrison is?" Kylo looked up at Jane, totally forgetting about the episode playing. 

"It's my Discrete Mathematics Structure teacher." The girl walked in Kylo's direction and sat on the edge of the bed, beside him. "He hates me and my method of doing things. He literally told me he would fail me if I use my method on the exam." 

"That man sure does sound like a twat." He commented, following with a chuckle.

"Anyways…" Jane said, ready to leave that matter behind. “What are you watching?”

“This show called The Office.”

If you told Kylo a few days ago that once he landed on Earth he would be living in a force-sensitive girl’s room watching a comedy TV show and being so laid back, he would probably cut you in half with his lightsaber. 

“It’s an amazing show, great choice.” The brunette said, standing up. “But now let's have lunch, I’m starving.”

√•√•√•√•√

As promised, Jane arrived at her dorm around three. After gearing up with some sport clothes, the pair headed to the gym, where the girl’s first day of training would be. 

She was excited. She had no idea what her training would be and nor Kylo said anything about it.  

The two stood in a clear area after their warm up, mats under their feet. It was a room in the back of the gym that barely no-one used. It used to belong to the cheer team, but there’s no such thing in BHU anymore. 

“So what are we going to do now?”

“Try to hit me.” At first, she thought he was joking, but then she saw the seriousness on his face, who just looked at her, waiting for her to comply to his command. 

“You’re serious.” He didn’t answer, only nodded. “Ok…” Jane took a deep breath and swinged her arm, trying to punch him. 

Kylo dodged her fist. “Try again.” He commanded, so she did it, failing again. “Again.” 

There was no use. He avoided every hit she tried. She even tried to used both her hands, punch after punch, but he escaped every one of them gracefully, without even trying. Her arms were already starting to hurt and she was getting frustrated. 

“You’re thinking too much.” Kylo said, his voice so demanding and cold, almost sounding a whole other person. 

“I definitely didn’t think this would be our training.” Jane breathed out, her hand on her knees. “And I was definitely unprepared for this. I thought you were going to train me how to use the force.”

“This is the way for me to train you. This was how I was trained, and it’s how I’m going to train you.” Kylo was being so strict and harsh, but for some reason, she like that part of him. “Now try. Again.” As he said, through gritted teeth, Jane let out a frustrated scream, swinging her arm, but once again, he dodged it. 

Kylo didn’t even bother to block her punches, he just dodged them. 

“Use that anger that’s starting to boil inside you.” He instructed. “Chanel it. Focus. Don’t think too much.”

Jane tried to do as she continued so, her anger and frustration growing as she failed every hit. She was annoyed at herself, but tried to forget about it. She tried to forget about anything else that was bothering her mind in that  moment. Drifting away from all the problems and everything consuming her mind, she focused, using her emotions in her advantage just like Kylo told her to. 

And finally, she managed to punch his arm. But just a moment later, that she came back to her senses and understood that she succeeded in her task.

She stood for a second in silence before letting out a scream from happiness. “I did it!” Jane felt proud of herself, which was such a weird feeling for something so small. She felt it even more when her eyes caught Kylo smiling softly at her.

“You did.” He said. “Now do it again.”