𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒

The small room was cold and his thoughts a blur

The small room was cold and his thoughts a blur. Everything confusing, growing heavy as the time passed by slowly. 

Voice shouting, his surroundings dark. 

He was screwed. His judgement getting the best of him. It shouldn't be hard to escape this place, but Kylo knew if he did that, there would be consequences, and not even for himself. And that was what was pulling him back.

A shaky breath escaped his lips and his eyes closed. The imagine of the dark ceiling disappearing and those scenes playing again. 

Those scenes he saw the moment Jane opened and exposed her intriguing mind to him played in loop in his aching head. It raged him to a level he didn't imagine he could hold so much fury and hatred inside him. 

The audacity of those pigs.  Laying their filthy hand on her like that. Blackmailing her, beating her. They needed to die. They didn’t deserve the air they breathed. 

In a quick move he got up, pacing around the tiny cell he was shoved in. 

His mind raced with ideas and scenarios about how he was going to get out and kill those animals, but in the back of his mind, was Jane. She was always there. A reminder that for once his acts would have consequences. 

What if they went after her? What if she payed for his foolish actions?

His fist made contact with the brick wall. The pain that he was supposed to feel running up his arm wasn’t there as his rage grew inside him.

Not wanting his anger to get the best of him like it did every time, Kylo tried to calm himself down. It wasn’t easy at first, but he managed. For the first in his life, he stopped himself from losing control. 

And all because of her. Her and her sweet smile and honey eyes. The tenderness of her voice and the warmth of her touch. 

His hard eyes focused on nothing and his erratic breathing calmed down. His fists clenched ready for another swing, but he didn't. His mind too busy on something else. Something much more important. 

Jane. He needed to talk to her, to hear her voice. He needed to know if she was still alive. 

Sitting on the edge of the bed, Kylo took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He knew he could find her. Their connection was strong, and it only grew stronger. 

Feeling himself lighter, with all the things flowing around him, he searched for her, for her force energy. 

So he called for her name. 

The time froze, it felt like an eternity until he heard a response. Her sweet, calming voice calling for his name. 

Kylo’s heart raced inside his chest, and the air got caught up in his throat. It was hard to belief. Was it really her? Her voice? Was it Jane calling his name or was this some kind of hallucination?