𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

The day looked beautiful outside

The day looked beautiful outside. The Sun shined bright up in the blue sky, everything looked lighter and greener. Alive, if you must. 

But Jane and Kylo were doing everything but enjoying the wonderful day. Both were sat on the floor of Jane's dorm, face to face. 

Kylo's was about to give Jane's her first lesson about the Force and that the things you could do with it, were not only to make cars fly.

"I know you've been familiar with the Force since a young age." Kylo said and Jane just looked at him anxiously. "But there's more to it than make objects fly, read minds and choke people." 

"So, what are you going to teach me?" The suspense he was making around it was killing her. 

"I'm going to teach you how to communicate through the Force."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Telepathy. Just like you can read minds, you can go inside people's head, search for precise information and force users can communicate telepathically." He explained and the girl looked at him with surprised eyes.

"You can do what?" The amount of information was overwhelming. Kylo had never talked about the Force before. Until now, all their training had been to learn how to fight and never about the exciting part, what made Jane go to Kylo in the first place.

"Let's focus on the communication part for now, shall we?" Kylo showed her a half smile. "Talk to me." 

"Ok sure." She nodded. "Hello." 

"Not like that." He shook his head, a small smile lingering on his lips. Like this.

She heard him, loud and clear, but he didn't speak. His lips didn't move, but she heard his voice. Inside her head. 

Jane looked at Kylo in a state of shock and it took her a few moments to process what had just happened. 

C'mon, try it.

"I, uh... I don't know how to." Jane replied shyly, and speaking. 

"You need to focus." Kylo spoke out loud. "Focus on what do you want to say. Feel the connection and concentrate to send your message through it." Jane nodded at him and closed her eyes. "You can do it."

The girl took a deep breath, her eyes closed and tried to do exactly what Kylo explained to her. Even with his explanation, she felt a bit lost, but she did it anyways. It was hard to not just think what she wanted to say, but to to send it as well. 

Hot potato chips.

"From everything you could say, I'm really not surprised you chose that."

Jane froze on the spot, opening her eyes. "Did you get it?"

"Yes, I did."

"You didn't just read my mind?" She threw him a suspicious look, making him shake his head, a half of a smile on his pink lips.