Chapter 16

A/n: Sorry I haven't updated in a while, hope your liking this so far ❤️
*****
Maybe he'd dropped it before he'd been taken. Maybe they'd taken it. Nonetheless, Ashton finally had a little glimmer of hope.

He prayed that his phone could somehow lead them too him, because Ashton needed to get away from here.
*****
Luke numbly rolled out of bed, his eyes heavy and body sore. He hadn't even made it halfway across the room when he returned back to his bed, pillow dampening from his tears.

It had been quite a few days since he'd left his room. Exactly 7 since Ashton had been missing, and Luke wasn't doing too well. If he was doing so badly, he couldn't even imagine what Ashton was going through. Luke lay in his cold bed, when he heard gentle knocks on his door.

"No"

Luke's voice was muffled, and ignored by Calum and Michael, who let themselves in shortly after. Michael gently rubbed Luke's back, and Calum sat down on his opposite side.

"They...they're wondering if we should go public with Ashton's kidnapping"

Luke's dull eyes lifted to Calums face, emotions rushing through him. So far, they hadn't made it public, fear of what potential harm it could do to Ashton preventing them. Now, they were getting desperate. 5sos had a wide fan base, and it was very possible it could help them.

"Y-yea"

Luke nodded, soft whimpers escaping him as more tears streamed down his face.

"I-I miss h-him so mu-much. My baby"

Calum sighed and softly ran his hands through Luke's curls, before he pulled the blanket over the sobbing boy. Michael's hand gently patted Luke's thigh, before he left, returning moments later with some lunch. After a good half hour, they managed Luke to eat at least a little bit, which he did, but soon all the nausea from worrying about Ashton stopped him.

Luke wanted Ashton back.

He regretted every stupid mistake he'd made, and missed every kiss, every touch. Luke had been crying these past few days, and he didn't understand how he'd even been able to produce that many tears.

But now that they were going public, he prayed that they'd be able to find Ashton.
*****
Luke's left boot was halfway into his foot, when his phone rang. Luke sighed and reached for it, breath hitching in his throat.

Ash ❤️

Fuck.

There was no fucking way.

Luke stopped, but before he could accept the call, he got an idea. Luke was careful not to accept or end the call, but instead he let it ring, driving to the police station.

The call had long ended by then, but as soon as he sat down with an officer, it began, Luke swallowed thickly, and accepted, shutting his eyes as he longed to hear Ashton's voice. A rough, distorted voice filled Luke's ear instead.
******
Ashton winced in the pain that shot through his right cheek, curling up as far against the wall as he could.

The light from the other side of the door was blinding, causing his head to ache immensely. He could barely keep his eyes open, and felt his head getting heavier, when his ears perked up. Ashton froze and strained to hear over the noise, swearing he could've heard Luke.

"L-Luke"

His voice came out dry and parched, and it was the first he'd said in days. He couldn't tell who was standing above him right now, their identity was concealed, but they froze in surprise, before roughly kicking him again.

"What did you say?!"

They spat down at him, but before Ashton could respond, they waved their hand towards the door.

"Luke, huh?"

"P-please le-let me t-talk to him?"

Ashton broke into sobs yet again, and looked up pleadingly, begging the figure above him. He needed to hear Luke's voice. Perhaps they hesitated, Ashton couldn't tell, but when they returned moments later they had a phone.

They roughly growled into the phone, demanding for Luke to say something, and he weakly did. Ashton broke into something similar to a smile, and felt a small wave of happiness that he hadn't felt in days.

"um..h-hello?"

"L-Lu-lukey!"

"Holy fuck Ashton, baby I'm sorry, I love you forever, and we-"

His voice was cut off, but all the motivation Ashton needed. He was going to get out of here, he had to. Ashton felt helpless at first, realizing he was beaten and broken, barely able to stay alive, but then Luke's 'I love you' echoed in his head.

Whether it had been a sign to indicate he was alive, or just to torture both of them, his kidnappers had unknowingly given something he hadn't had in a long time. Besides the physical pain of course, hope. They'd given him hope.

Ashton could no longer remember any of his hatred against Luke, now fully confident Luke was doing everything in his power to save Ashton.

The door slammed shut yet again, and Ashton stood up, using the wall as support, he managed to stand on both his feet for a few moments before he collapsed.

It might've been nothing right now, but Ashton was going to get away from here.

He had to.