Chapter 18

When Ashton was drained and could no longer move, he collapsed limply in the alleyway. His skin was pale and sickly, eyes heavily bagged and glassy. His body hurt so much, and he was so tired.

Ashton's eyes shut, as blood from his wounds pooled underneath him, and he let out a few shaky breaths, before consciousness slipped his grasp.
*****
Luke switched on his indicator, as he turned back, returning after their long drive. It proved itself useful as they'd calmed themselves down, and now, Luke felt better. He was confident about finding Ashton, and he felt a lot more brave. He'd be ok.

Luke just about made the turn, when a bloodied hand slapped across Michael's window. Michael screamed, before he peered outside, attempting to locate the body that had fallen limply against the window.

Through the darkness they made out Ashton, bloody, hurt, begging for help and barely clinging onto life.
******
Ashton woke up to a pair of arms tightly bound around his waist, and he was not happy about it.

Horrible screams ripped from his throat and he fell back against the bed, arms pulling the pillows tightly to his chest. He was restrained, his arms and legs getting caught. Ashton screwed his eyes and continued to shriek, every touch to his body causing him distress.

No. No, not again.

Ashton's whole body shook, and incoherent words left his trembling lips, tears grazing his flushed cheeks. The hand rubbed his thigh and he screamed again, breath hitching as he desperately searched for a way to calm himself.

"Princess?"

The soft voice filled Ashton's ears and he directed his watery gaze up at Luke, who was seated beside him, eyes tired.

"L-lu? P-please don't hur-hurt me m's-sorry"

Ashton whines softly, whimpering as he backed away from Luke. Luke's lip trembled and he shook his hands, before he gently held his palm towards Ashton. Luke's other hand carefully untangled the iv tubing Ashton had bound around himself, ocean pools fixed into Ashton's honey gaze.

"It's ok. Just breathe. No one is hurting you, and I'm never letting you leave, ever again."

"A-are you sure?"

"Yes darling. And I'm so sorry about that night to, I-"

"I don't care. I- they hi-hit me so m-much a-and ra-raped m-me"

Luke felt Ashton's skinny fingers wrap weakly around his own, and he helped Ashton back into his hospital bed, salty tears finding their way down his face.

Aston was in horrible, horrible, condition.

Raped, beat, bloody, tired, Malnourished, infected and sick, Ashton was struggling to even breathe, and on the brink of death. It was pure torture for Luke, seeing Ashton so broken, yet being completely unable to help. But he had him back. Ashton was back in Luke's arms, and Luke was damn sure he'd never let go again. Michael and Calum were equally as damaged, staying endless hours at the hospital with Luke, attempting to ease Ashton's pain.

But the pain wasn't even half of it.

Mentally, Ashton was doing even worse. The trauma was enough to deal with alone, without all the memories it triggered. Rough jagged marks from handcuffs were evident on Ashton's wrist, and they reminded him all too well of a dark time. A time where he'd been buried in a dark hole, a time where his mental health nearly killed him.