Epilouge

Ashton smiled softly, hands curling around Luke's neck as he cuddled further into him, eyes dancing in happiness.

Genuine happiness, because he was ok.
*****
It was the 20th of December, almost a year later, and Luke and Ashton were back in New York with everyone's families. The way last year's holidays had been so perfect up till reminded them to gather everyone again, and they did just that, with no regrets.

Luke's soft curls fell in front of his face as he dropped his hand into his palm, sighing delicately as he stared lovingly at Ashton. He was perched on the couch, eyes wide and fixed on the TV while his hands gently lifted his mug of hot chocolate to his lips.

Ashton's eyes flickered up to meet Luke's and they both blushed softly, eyes glancing away before they met again.

Luke had just about ignored everyone around him, until he felt a tight slap on the back of his head and he looked up to see Michael and Calum, smirks plastered on their faces.

"Go sit with him Luke, god, you still act like a 12 year old girl with a crush, he's your boyfriend!"

Luke rolled his eyes, but made his way to the couch either way, Ashton lighting up as he made space for Luke, removing Lauren off the couch to do so. She rolled her eyes and Luke apologized but he knew she was kidding from the smile on her face. Luke settled next to Ashton, ignoring the phone cameras that went off and instead focusing on him.

New Year's Day was bound to be hard for him, but Luke was going to be there for him.

They'd decided there would be by parties, or any going out, but in fact lots of cuddles in the safety of their own home and each other's arms. Michael and Calum has offered to stay in as well, and enjoy the night with them over a few pizzas a beers, however neither Luke or Ashton wanted to stop them from a good time so they insisted they didn't.

It would be a long night, but they'd manage.

Ashton softly giggled before he poked at Luke's arms, excitement and delight filling his face.

"It's snowing"

Luke linked their fingers and lead Ashton outside, knowing what the boy had implied when he'd obviously brought it up. And in all honestly, Luke was hoping they'd end up where they were.

Ashton fell into the soft snow, rolling around in the powdery white as snowflakes gently melted onto his face. He smiled contently up at the icy sky, confused as Luke pulled him up to standing position.

Their eyes met momentarily, and then Luke began kissing all over Ashton's face, lips tracing over his frost bitten nose and rosy cheeks. Ashton's eyes fluttered shut, drifting open once Luke's touch left him all together.

Before him was Luke, kneeled in the snow with an open ring box in his hands as he smiled sheepishly up at Ashton.

"Hi, um, I love you. Like, a lot. I know it's been hard, and that we've been through a lot, but we've done it together. Now, I don't know if this is a bad time, or to early for you, but I wanna be with you forever"

Ashton whimpered softly, hand clamped over his mouth as tears spilled over the sides of his cheeks.

"I love you so so much. I love everything about you, and everything you do, and I promise that I'll continue to love you forever. You're my sunshine, my beautiful, beautiful sunshine. I want to be yours, and I want you to be mine. Ashton Irwin, my princess, my angel, the love of my life, will you marry me?"

Ashton body shook with sobs and he nodded his head, pulling Luke to his feet before he tightly embraced him. Luke smiled into Ashton's hair, rubbing a hand over his arm in comfort, before he pulled away and slid the ring over Ashton's finger. Ashton stared at in awe, before he kissed Luke, pulling away and resting his head against Luke's.

He admired his hand and the ring he adorned, before breaking out into the biggest smile. It was beautiful, and both his dimples prominently poked out as he pulled Luke in for another kiss.

"I love you so much Lukey"

"Love you too princess"

Luke's arms hooked under Ashton's knees as he scooped him up, much to Ashton's dismay, because "Luke I swear to god you'll break your back one day, you're not that strong!"

Upon their return into the house, no one had quite noticed the ring, so they stared in confusion at Ashton's tear stained face and Luke's tight grip around him. A dark blush spread across Ashton's cheeks as he buried his head into the crook of Luke's neck, hand lifting in front of his face to show off his new ring.

Needless to say, there was a lot of celebration that night.
*****
Ashton lay in Luke's arms, thinking of their life ahead. It would be wonderful, wouldn't it? There'd be ups and downs, good days and bad ones, but in the end, everything would be perfect. Ashton and Luke would live their best life, taking the highs with the lows, and spending every passing moment loving each other.

But right now, Ashton focused on the man above him, the man he loved. His eyes lifted up to Luke's to see his ocean eyes already fixed on Ashton. 

"Why'd you keep staring Lukey?"

"You're just so...radiant"
*****
A/n: thank you, thank you so much. It's been amazing, writing this and interacting with so many of you.

I'm so proud of it and having finished is amazing. I love you all, everyone who voted, commented, and all the silent readers.

Particularly Chrysbliss because this story allowed me to become friends with her, and I can't imagine not knowing her.

I hope to keep interacting and hearing more of you guys. I love you all.

Thank you so much.