Chapter five : Held Together by String

"Where is he." I mutter to myself.

I scan over all the different hero's that had already shown up, looking for any type of sign of him. Midnight and Present Mic had just turned up and were chatting to Nezu about their roles in the mission. Ectoplasm was talking to one of the underground hero's, Nightfire. Endeavor was just standing there seemingly bored and waiting for the action. Some police were walking around the barren street chatting, while the others were setting up the different types of police vehicles.

After I'd gotten Twist's email, I'd taken his notes and information to Nezu who in turn had read through them and said that we'd need more hero's than just a few of the underground. So that's exactly what he did. He was somehow able to get Pro Hero's that before said that they wouldn't be able to help to turn up. Now half of the Police force was here, along with some of the top pro hero's, all for one guy and his stupid drug ring.

We were all waiting for Nezu's signal to start. But Nezu was waiting for me to give the signal that Twist had turn up. Only Nezu knew that I had gotten Twist to help with this and a lot of the lesser patient police and heroes were getting inpatient with all the waiting and stalling.

The sound of padding feet alerts me.

I turn around to see Nezu standing there with that grin plastered on his face.

"Eraserhead, any sign of him yet?" he spoke in greeting but he acted like he already knew the answer to his own question.

"No." I spoke with annoyance written all over my face, but deep down I knew something had to of happen for him to be this late.

"Well if he doesn't appear in the next five minutes then we'll have to leave without him." He said looking directly up at me.

"I understand sir." I say back.

He nods his head and walks back to Present Mic and Midnight.

It was a minute or two later before I felt a presence behind me.

I grabbed onto my capture weapon and in one swift movement I'd turn around and flung it at the person behind me. Only for the figure to jump up into the air and roll out of the way and rush forward to stand right beside me. Out of the way of my capture weapon and in my blind spot.

I swiftly turn around only to be met with two emerald eyes penetrating me. I stop my capture weapon and bring it back to wrap around my neck.

"Trying to check my reflexes are you, Razer?" I hear him question.

I huff while trying to look him over subtly.

'If he was held up by villains, then his costume might be ripped in some places.'

The black mask is still on correctly while hiding the lower portion of his face and muffling his voice. His black cargo pants aren't ripped, and the dark grey utility belt still held two knives and different compartments that has God knows what in them. His dark red camo boots didn't look scuffed up.

'Well not more than usual.'

The dark green hoodie is pulled up over his head hiding his hair and arms but didn't look torn in any way.

Only people who had encountered him would know that there's a special type of capture weapon wrapped on both his arms. Almost identical to mine.

'But even than I can't look at them probably without him using them.'

It was ironic how people got his vigilant name Twist from though. After a security camera on the side of an apartment complex had gotten a video of him taking down two villains using his two-capture gear to immobilise the villains, the public had instantly started to call him Twist. After a while he'd become a legend around different parts of the more rundown parts of different cities and towns. But out in the city he was a myth, a story tale, a person someone had made up to scare both young children and villains.