Chapter thirteen : That Loops in my Head

"Your grounded."

"You can't ground me!"

Zawa narrows his eyes.

"Watch me."

I huff, crossing my arms over my chest while starring Zawa in the eyes.

"Fine, what are you going to ground me from then, Hah! I bet you didn't thin..."

"Sarcasm." Zawa butted in.

"You can't ground me from sarcasm!! It's called freedom of speech and I intend to use it, thank you very much."

"I can and will ground you from sarcasm."

I looked over to see Midnight and Mic holding back their laughter.

"Come on help me out here!"

That just made them laugh even more.

"Traitors..." I mutter underneath my breath.

Zawa smirks.

I'd been up for a few days now, Zawa had only left my side when visiting hours finished and even then, he argues with the nurse.

It's quite funny.

Hibiki and Sora now know I'm in hospital, I had to tell them a lie and while they believed it, my heart still clenched every time I lie to them.

Toshi had been another sort of fish all together.

I've noticed he's starting to figure things out and while I know that lying to him will only make it worse in the long run, I can't tell him just yet. 

It really was a good thing that I didn't introduce Toshi to Hibiki and Sora yet or he'd be telling them, then I'd have an even more growing problem on my hands.

And I already have a big enough headache as it is, thank you.

Considering all the new scars I now officially have. The wound on my side is still wrapped up, it feels all stiff from the stitches and all I want to do is scratch it.

Though I have tried, Zawa sends me the 'You even think about it then you won't get ice-cream,' glare.

And I appreciate my intact ice-cream privileges.

I haven't seen my face yet, but Zawa says I have a scar under my left eye angling towards my nose that you can also faintly see across my forehead, along with one over my nose that stops and apparently continues further up across my right check and below my right eye.

In short he said it looked as if I was attacked by an angry cat.

At least now I have a funny story to tell people if they ask.

Zawa sits beside me, a growing smirk on his face from his so-called victory. Well jokes on him because no one can make me stop using sarcasm or bad jokes or talking back in a cheeky matter, no one.

Fun fact #2: No one tells me what to say, especially when then they tell me I must stop joking around because that just ain't happening.

"Hey Zawa..." I start.

"What is it, Problem child?" he says, taking a sip from his fresh cup of coffee.

"Do you know my actual identity yet?"

The room goes quiet.

'Hah, was not expecting that type of reaction...' I thought, while looking towards Mic and Midnight who in turn are staring at me.

Zawa pauses his sip of coffee and puts it on the counter next to the hospital bed I'm currently sitting up on.

"Well, we got the doctors to run a DNA test, but..." Zawa pauses.