Chapter six : And Covered by Lies

I follow Razer through the halls.

Our footsteps are silent as we walk. Razer walks up to a junction in our path and puts up his fist, as he checks for anyone beyond in the other halls. After he sees no one we continue forward.

We make it to the control room without any trouble and honestly that scares me a bit.

'Where are all the people? There should at least be some guards or random thugs walking around but there aren't.'

I pick the lock to the control room. Razer keeping a look out as I work.

It clicks and I push it open.

Huge monitors and computers stare back at me. A bunch of wires run along the floor as I step through the door. I hear Razer talking through the coms saying we made it to the control room and to send in the other squads.

My eyes widen when I feel the air move to my left. I duck and fling out my left capture gear I look up to see it grab an arm with a knife and I yank.

There's a yelp from the person before I upper cut them in the face and knock them out.

I pull them into the air by their arm, still secured by my left capture gear and place them in the furthest left corner. I pull a pair of zip ties from one of my apartments on my utility belt and ty up their hands and feet.

I look back to see Razer looking at the thug on the ground. I walk towards the computers to see them already on.

'Perfect.'

"Hey Razer." I say without looking back. "How do you think that guy knew we were here."

I say as I continue setting up all the security cameras.

"The guy properly saw us coming from one of the security cameras." He points to the monitors that show different viewpoints around their so call base.

"If he did see us coming." I say as I pull on a headset and plug in an USB to a port on the side of one of the computers. "Do you think he had time to warn the rest of the base?"

"I don't know, but we can't risk it." He says as he starts walking towards the door being the look out as I set everything up.

"Already on it." I say as I connect my head set to the earpieces all the heroes are wearing.

I look back up to the monitors to check where everyone is at. Before turning the headset on.

"Twist here, alright everyone we may have a problem on are hands." I see everyone in the security cameras line of sight stop walking.

"Razer and I have an assumption that everyone in this base already knows that we are here. So, because of this everyone has to be on high alert."

"If you find trouble signal me through your earpiece and I'll help you."

I get a chorus of yeses as I switch the mic off.

I turn back to the USB plugged into one of the main computers and check how far we have in till its all downloaded.

"Hey Razer, we still have quite a while before all the info and documents have been successfully downloaded..."

He looks back at the screen and turns his narrowed eyes towards me.

"So?"

"Sooo... While you watch the monitors for me, I'll look through all these cabinets and draws to see if I can find any extra info."

I speak as I hand him my headset and hop of the swivel chair I had been subconsciously sitting on.

"Please and thank you." I say as I head towards my first cabinet.